Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • what are the early signs of injury?
  • big-chief-96
    Free Member

I’ve decided to do a 50 mile cross country run with no training this weekend and although its dangerous to do it with no training, I want to know what to look out for if early signs of an injury occur.

cheers

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Bone sticking through the skin HTH

wwaswas

what like Marathon type running?

50 miles?

and you don’t normally run?

If the answer to all of the above is yes then your legs falling off will be an early sign…

tbh, you’ll be hard pushed to tell injury from fatigue but if one specific bit hurts more than the rest it’s probably damaged.

chiefgrooveguru

The giveaway for me was my foot pointing in a novel and never before observed direction.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Nah you’ll be fine. You’ve already done that marathon as training.
    Anything else would be madness 🙂

big-chief-96
    Free Member

That’s what spurred me on to do 50 miles instead of 26. Everyone said how difficult it’d be and how much pain I’d be in but afterwards, I ached for 4 days and was fine. How much different can 50 be if 26 was like it was. Not easy but no where near as hard as people said it would be

nedrapier

You might just be one of those people who never finds out what the warning signs are of over-use injury.

I’m jealous!

nedrapier

good luck though!

AlasdairMc

If any part of your body feels like my arm does at the moment, it’s an injury.

iDave
    Free Member

do it, wear sportwool socks, take a blister kit, and remember it’s only pain.

big-chief-96
    Free Member

pain is temporary, failure lasts a lifetime

roper
    Free Member

Don’t underestimate eating and drinking loads of food as you run, unless you eat like a pig then snack regularly as you run. Also watch out for the cold creeping in and take a torch.

TheFlyingOx

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but maybe pain in your left arm, tightness in your chest, difficulty breathing, cold sweats, etc… Just wondering if this is a precursor to one of those “Runner Suffers Heart Attack During 50-Mile Cross Country Event” stories.
    People, who to all intents and purposes look and appear supremely fit, keel over doing things like the Great North Run. Is it a result of under-training and over-exhertion?

big-chief-96
    Free Member

we’ll waite and see, when im exercising im happy so if i die doing it i’ll die happy at least 😆

IanMunro
    Free Member

pain is temporary, failure lasts a lifetime

Torn ligaments hang around for quite a time too though 🙂

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Pain.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Anything that is painful in injured. This does of course rely a lot of where discomfort becomes pain for you though.

blades2000
    Free Member

How did it go?

IanMunro
    Free Member

I was wondering the same.
    Maybe he’s stuck on the moor, gnawing on the broken leg for sustenance.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘what are the early signs of injury?’ is closed to new replies.