Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • What are the cops riding in your neighborhood?
  • Pigface
    Free Member

In Denver the downtown cops ride Santa Cruz Blurs, not a bad rig for patrolling a city center.

Creg

They did ride GT Avalanches

Think they have all been nicked though

shindiggy
    Free Member

Some sort of Kona HT

Gary_C

Astra diesels around here.

You’d be hard pressed to see plod on foot, never mind a bike !!

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Old shopping trolleys.

(I live in Stevenage)

Adders69
    Free Member

Marin’s round here

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Specialized Rockhoppers/Hardrocks, and some awful ‘Smith & Wesson’ things.

City of London Bicycle Babylon used to ride stuff like SC Chameleons and Spesh S-Works HTs, but they ran up a £17000 debt with the bike shop I worked in so their account got stopped until they paid up. I think most of the money they spent was an utter waste though really; just a bunch of coppers wanting nice bikes, rather than simply tools for the job.

I think far more coppers should be out on bikes; the number of overweight plod is increasing dramatically. Have they dropped the fitness requirements or something? Too much driving about in cars eating bagels, and not enough chasing villains. Lazy buggers…

bassspine
    Free Member

spez hardrocks branded POLICE round here.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Range rovers.

Torminalis
    Free Member

At an airshow some years ago, I remember seeing a few coppers who had bikes branded with POLICE but sporting Rohloffs. Lucky swines.

_tom_
    Free Member

bmxes apparently. How **** daft 😆

coffeeking
    Free Member

wrightyson
    Free Member

The latest I’ve seen as I drive past the old Derbyshire divisional hq are two blinged brand new a4 estates and a shiny new 5 series! Never seen anyone on a bike. However I once (whilst hammered) tried to fix a puncture for a stunning wpc in Newcastle at about three in the morning. She couldn’t even get the wheel off! 😳

mintimperial

Cars, mostly, round our way.

The other week I did actually see a copper-on-a-bike, the first one I’ve seen in our town, but I was so distracted by all the technology on his helmet that I didn’t even notice what the bike was. Front and rear facing cameras and microphones, front and rear lights, a little walkie-talkie headset thingy, and loads of reflectors. Amazing that he could keep his head straight – I wouldn’t like to fall off on my head onto all that junk. Didn’t have a little flashy blue light on top though, disappointingly.

anokdale
    Free Member

Each other by the reports of all the scandals and divorces going on.

atlaz
    Free Member

My old man is a retired policeman and he reckons the era of always having a load of police on bikes was a good one. Allowed them to cover ground at a decent pace and also be more available to the public sort of like when they’re on foot. More of that would be good.

Smarty
    Free Member

Didn’t have a little flashy blue light on top though, disappointingly

LMAO that would be sooo cool to see.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

saw a few of them on bikes in the summer (a trek hybrid of some sort i think) a couple of them looked like it was their first time on a bike the way they were wobbling about all over the place!

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Spesh Hardrocks old shape frame in a one size fits all flavour. Branded police in black on a White frame. Once in that London I saw a cop on rollerblades doing promo for potential recruits.

ratherbeintobago

I’m sure I’ve seen some of Manchester’s Finest on Orange hardtails, though that might have been GMAS.

Andy

ratadog

North Yorkshire have got themselves some Swissbikes, also known as Montague folders. Not a bad idea at all, as it means they can drop a patrol off by car without needing bike racks etc. They had them out at the Dalby World Cup XC causing them a certain amount of amusement as they rode around because they were accompanied by a chorus of “What type of bike is that?” from a whole load of bike industry representatives.

I got a Swissbike as my C2W bike ( sling it in the boot of the car and ride to meetings in town as needed ) and for a clydesdale it is a good compromise between portability and a decent bike. For my weight the fork isn’t up to much but I am going to replace that when the payment period is up and the bike is mine.

yunki
    Free Member

donkeys

carlosg
    Free Member

Depends which station they’re from , mainly it’s Hardrocks but I did see a couple the other week on Scott Genius fs bikes.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Whatever they are riding it would be nice if more of them were given cycle training, I’ve seen some terrible wobbly riding and road positioning form the po po.

chrispalmr
    Free Member

I actually had to suggest to a PCSO that he not cycle down the flipping pavement, especially whilst I’m trying to walk up it with a dog and pushchair.

Maybe he was trying to be ‘one with the kids’ or something; some toss ‘outreach’ programme.

Bah.

yodagoat
    Free Member

are you having a laugh? cops getting out their cars?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Claude Butlers around my way.

with all sorts of crap bolted to them too.

Still I suppose it will get them fit quicker.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’ve witnessed one officer stop to lift his front wheel up the curb.

I’ll have that one chase me please.

4ndyB
    Free Member

Claud Butler Cape Wrath D27’s & Cube Acid’s

Wozza
    Free Member

Hardrocks and a few low end Trek HTs in Manchester and they all look like they’re tiny 17″ frames. The paramedic bloke has a nice Rockhopper Pro.

mintimperial

In defence of bike coppers: I just remembered a mate telling me a couple of months back that he saw a London bike PC chase down a white Transit, overtake it in traffic, signal to the driver to pull over, and then proceed to give him a right royal *******ing for cutting up another cyclist and driving off at speed. I bet that was one shocked WVM.

Harry_the_Spider

Had a couple of PCSOs wobble up to the winter HtN on their baldie tyred Treks asking if they could do a lap. To my eternal regret I said no as they wouldn’t have got 100 yards without shit-diving.

Everyday I kick myself.

BigJohn

We have a couple of bike cops in Stafford. They mostly ride pavements and pedestrian zones – that mortals would get nicked for doing.

plumber
    Free Member

Harry – I remeber those coppers at HtN

they couldn’t rode for toffee, especially the fat chick

you should have let them get to the big hill, they would have stopped at that bit anyway

Plum

donks
    Free Member

Giants in milton keynes, and i saw one on a segway in the shopping centre.

meehaja
    Free Member

Paramedics in Leeds ride Marin’s (old bikes) with some sort of manitou fork and hope brakes, new ones a re, I think, Rockhoppers with Fox forks and XT groupset, but I’ve not seen one for a while to confirm!

MikeT-23
    Free Member

Their bikes are all too stickered up to make out any detail, but of the ones I have clocked they are mainly Specialized frames. I did see one on an older framed P7 once.
    Have to say I agree with the concept of cops on bikes…even made me consider joining up!
    For a few seconds.

user-removed
    Free Member

Just the speshes on bikes here in the NE.

I do remember when I lived in Ediburgh, there was a problem with chavs razzing up and down the old railway line behind my house, on stolen motorbikes.

So…. they issued the poor cops with ELECTRIC BIKES to help catch them. Beggars belief but it’s 100% trye!

ahwiles
    Free Member

doing sod-all about all the twatty motorists.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Hardrocks in Bournemouth.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘What are the cops riding in your neighborhood?’ is closed to new replies.