Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • What are the chances? Unbelievable coincidence!
  • tonyf1
    Free Member

On Sunday I went for a helicopter ride to tick off the bucket list. Who should I meet but neighbour across the road with the same idea.

rmacattack
    Free Member

Swingers?

dannybgoode

I once banged into a very good school friend of mine

A nod’s as good as a wink and all that…

samunkim
    Free Member

soft”ology”uni student, Lentil eating, gap year travelling french breaking skiers live in middle class bubble. Never would have guessed.

Pre-natal class meeting tale due next ?

cheers_drive

On holiday in Sorrento and get taking to an retired couple whilst waiting for the bus. We mentioned we’d just moved from Bristol to Ely, that’s a coincidence our daughter and family did that. Not a massive coincidence until we find out their daughter is neighbours with our friends, we text
    our friends to find out they at a party with there neighbours right at that very moment

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I went to school in Derby with a girl whos mum went to school in Lancaster with my mum. She now lives in San Fransisco with one of my university coursemates housemates.

WillH

A friend of mine did a gap yah before uni, spent six months living a village in Nepal teaching English as the school. Well off the tourist track, pretty much never saw another white person the whole six months apparently. Did a bit more travelling afterwards, back to Blighty to start uni. For the third year of the course she had to do a year in industry and got randomly allocated to work at Air France in Toulouse. I was also on a placement in Toulouse, and a crowd of us used to drink at a particular bar.

One evening a random Asian guy walks up to her in the bar and taps her on the shoulder. Turns out it was one of her former pupils in Nepal. He’d done well and won a scholarship to study in Europe, and had ended up at Toulouse Uni, which was just around the corner from our local.

matt_outandabout

WillH and that last post win the thread.

bodgy
    Free Member

Terry Pratchett had an interesting theory about this:

There’s only so many real people in the world; the rest are essentially cardboard cut-outs. Which is why you bump into the same people over and over again, and in the most unlikely places.

natrix
    Free Member

Only last month I met the wife on holiday, not only the same resort, but the same chalet….

Footflaps, your wife sneaked into my chalet one night as well 😈

wwaswas

Did you do the usual give a false address and phone number thing in case they want to stay in touch?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Im guessing the OP has gone on holiday with his neighbours.

dickster
    Free Member

Was on a Greek island hoping holiday, 1993, with 5 friends and we has just moved from the north of Rhodes to Lindos, in the south. That night I fell off a first floor roof (sleepwalking). I don’t recall the night. Anyway, I was seen by both flats occupants in my bloodied/broken state whilst waiting for the ambulance the following morning. Fast forward 2+months and I move from South London to study at Leeds University and move into halls of residence. One of the chaps I’m now living with says he recognises me, we chat, he’s from Wales so we conclude that we’ve never met before – I just have one of ‘those’ faces. A week later he asks if I was in Lindos over the summer – he was one of the residents in the ground floor flat who saw me in the morning after the fall.

The coincidence still makes me shudder…

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

one of my best mates at school went to University in Edinburgh. I decided to go and visit him but didn’t have his address or phone number. Figured I’d find him anyway. Within 10 minutes of getting off the bus, I saw hm walking down the other side of Princes St.

perchypanther
    Free Member

one of my best mates at school went to University in Edinburgh. I decided to go and visit him but didn’t have his address or phone number. Figured I’d find him anyway. Within 10 minutes of getting off the bus, I saw hm walking down the other side of Princes St.

Sociology?

nealglover
    Free Member

soft”ology”uni student, Lentil eating, gap year travelling french breaking skiers live in middle class bubble. Never would have guessed.

Pre-natal class meeting tale due next ?

I’ve read this a few times but still have no idea what it means.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Backpacking round NZ got to a hostel and the girl behind the counter was an ex-gf’s sister, did the lovely to see you thing, got checked in, turned round and walked straight into a chap I was at college with. Small world, love when it happens as the stats of likelihood and timing do my head in

wilburt
    Free Member

Wife number two’s BIL was best man for Wife number one’s BIL.

Both families separated by 300 miles and several years, not aware of each other until I pooped up.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘What are the chances? Unbelievable coincidence!’ is closed to new replies.