Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • What are the best sounding rear hubs
  • hope pro 2 or halo super drive, vrrrrrrr

Dibbs
    Free Member

Shimano roller clutch freehub.

kamina
    Free Member

I prefer Chris King. Hope is just two noisy.. I have Industry 9's which I feel have too much contact points to sound good.

BigJohn

The satisfying click click click of a Sturmey Archer 3 speed whilst riding along in top.

kaesae
    Free Member

Hope bulb, the pro 2 is just attention seeking and if you have a hangover and don't want to pedal too much it just drives you crazy.

The springs are also crap on the pro 2 and go all the time, they're not expensive to replace but it's a pain changing them.

bikewhisperer – Member
    Not tonight as I was listening to other people's while fixing bikes all day.
    I was, however, listening to the Magic Roundabout theme while reading your reply just now.

Sounds great! do you have any other classic tracks that you like to listen to?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Wierdos.

I like silent hubs. (neerrr)

And a freewheel that sounds like a hamster that's fallen off it's wheel and it's teeth are grating as the wheel continues to spin.

If anyone has a youtube clip of THAT I'll be amazed.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

I've just built a new pair using Pro 2's, but would MUCH rather be listening to a DT 240. Such a nice sounding hub without being too loud

dasnut
    Free Member

burgtec are nice

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Sounds great! do you have any other classic tracks that you like to listen to?

Yes actually. I typed your theories into a Speak and Spell and recorded the result. I listen to it in the car as it keeps me awake. It sounds like Stephen Hawking which makes it more believable and funnier at the same time.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

My first experience of Hope 2 Pros just now (fitted yesterday) – very impressive but need to get used to the sound. I think I like it…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

This brings us onto the next question……………….

Oil or grease on the pawls?

Grease makes even hopes silent, oil is nice and clicky, might use EP90 next time and get the best of both worlds.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘What are the best sounding rear hubs’ is closed to new replies.