Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What are the best places to visit near Tenby…
  • the-muffin-man

…and what are the places to avoid!

We’re off on holiday there soon and are after any advice on must-see places to visit and things to do – bearing in mind we have a 9yr old girl to entertain!

Ta!

avdave2

Caldey Island is worth a trip and just tell the 9 year old they make chocolate there. There are loads of really nice beaches and quite a few castles if you like those.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Barafundle
    The Quay at Cressely (Pubtastic!)
    The Presellis

roddi18
    Free Member

Oakwood theme park is worth a visit

grantway
    Free Member

Carmathen or simply google the same question.
    I went for a holiday years ago in Tenby only had sun for two days
    the rest of it I was hiding from the rain.

grantway
    Free Member

avdave2 – Member
    Caldey Island is worth a trip and just tell the 9 year old they make chocolate there. There are loads of really nice beaches and quite a few castles if you like those.

Yep done that too.

fadda

There’s a Dinosaur park thereabouts, and Anna Ryder-Richardson’s zoo. Both are quite good for kids, although ours is only 5…

Deveron53
    Free Member

Saundersfoot is nice, used to visit there every year as a kid. I particularly liked the beach at Wiseman’s Bridge.
    Pendine Sands, hopefully driving is still allowed on the beach!

stever
    Free Member

Wet day stuff the National Garden Centre by Carmarthen is surprisingly good, but slightly far. There’s a water park next door to Oakwood with good slides. Lydstep Beach is nice for a little explore and right next door. St Govans and around has some stunning rock architecture

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Just back from a long weekend out that way (in laws live in Pembroke) my first time down there, beaches were lovely, as was/is Folly Farm, we has my o/h’s 6 year old son with us and he loved milking the goats and stroking the bearded dragon that was being walked around on one of the keepers, not to mention a quality Vintage Funfair on site as well.

lister

Search for thing to do in Tenby when you’re dead…thread on here last week…

IdleJon

grantway – Member
    Carmathen or simply google the same question.

Sorry Grantway but were you an acid when you visited Carmarthen and it’s demented inhabitants?

I worked there for 4 years and found it one of the most depressing places in the world, with a nightlife that involved having a few pints and always a fight. (Never involving me, I should add!)

The town centre has been changed since I worked there but it is still just a small Welsh market town with nothing to do apart from window shop the national chains.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What are the best places to visit near Tenby…’ is closed to new replies.