Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • what are the best flat pedals ??
  • norcosix
    Free Member

superstar are currently sold out of the black plat pedals and my dmr are due for replacement. what are your preferences to the best flats. looking for grip and pimpness 🙂

thanks

backhander
    Free Member

I'm interested in this too. I've heard the the ss pedals are a bit narrow?
    Edit; try here; http://www.readytoridecycles.co.uk/pedals-82-c.asp

stevede
    Free Member

Narrow? Low profile yes but not narrow, they are great pedals for the money, i have 2 sets, as they are out of stock of the ones you want then have a look around as there are several companies doing these pedals badged as there own. One company are even cheaper than superstar but i can't remember what they are called so hopefully someone on here can help you with that one.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

looking for grip and pimpness

Thread closed.

stevede
    Free Member

Backhander – those are the ones, £34.99 is a bargain.
    Captainflashheart – good recommendation, awesome pedals, just don't mention the price 😯

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Loving my 2 sets of Wellgo Mag 1's here and so are some ofmy mates too now…

About £35 if you shop.

kimbers

i have the ss ones and for the price you just cant complain

and same as kona wah wahs (and other who share the design-like the linked ones) but half the price

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

He asked for grip and pimpness, price wasn't mentioned!

bassspine
    Free Member

WYKIWYL

Kona Jack Sh1t
    Specialized LoPro Mag

backhander
    Free Member

I really want straitlines but lower profile.
    I like the nanos but would like a few more pins, I'm just not finding V8/V12s very grippy. Any advice? (apart from five10s!)

coogan
    Free Member

Always say the same, but these for £25 are a flippin' bargain. And last for yonks.

si-wilson
    Free Member

The BEST pedals are the canfield crampons, thinnest pedals in the world and very light and still DH tough 😉

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Limited edition Chrome/Gold DMR V12

http://tinyurl.com/2d563an

coogan
    Free Member

And 'pimp' (such a twaty saying) pedals makes no sense to me. They take a battering in their life, so they ain't gonna look good for long.

lock
    Free Member

straightline are the best

StuE
    Free Member

Easton Cullys

Spaceman
    Free Member

I've had those Wellgos^^^ very good, but not exactly pimp, currently using DMR V12 magnesium, the DMR is a classic design and work really well.

There are some new blackspire ones, sub4s they're called in the new product section in Dirt this month that look quite pimp and light.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?PartnerID=79&ModelID=49633

krag
    Free Member

wellgo b54s +1

cheap and grippy.

coogan
    Free Member

But why do you want 'pimp' pedals when your standing on them and smacking them off rocks? Seems a bit silly to me.

mendip
    Free Member

I am using these pedals and had it over a year now, they are brilliant, strong and grippy aswell slick looking.

http://www.fatspanneruk.com/features/pedals_pukkas.aspx

mikey74
    Free Member

They certainly aren't pimpy but I can strongly recommend Tioga Surefoot Pro Mx pedals: They just take everything and a seriously grippy.

I actually agree about not spending loads on pimpy pedals: They are there to be abused.

si-wilson
    Free Member

Seriously the Crampons are brill and im not just saying that cos i import them!

The fact that you are pedalling near enough on the axle means not only is your effective BB lowered (by 1/4" in most cases), you feel less of the dead spot at the top and bottom of the pedal stroke of a normal flat pedal. No other pedal is as thin without costing twice as much. The pedals are designed and used by the Canfield brothers for DH racing, so can take some abuse.

They are expensive (£115) but they are tough despite the appearance and i challenge you not to be impressed once you have used them (sounds like one of those "or your money back" adverts!)

singlespeedstu

si.

They sound great.

I bet they make an annoying squeek when you use them with five ten's though…

mikey74
    Free Member

Just had a look at those si and to be honest they don't look particularly light, considering their size: They are only 65g lighter than my Tiogas and more than twice the price.

wors

BIG vote for superstar nano's, far,far better than the v8's i had before. And at 35 quid (they was on offer when i got them) a bargain.

si-wilson
    Free Member

For sure they are not the lightest, but i bet they are the best pedaling, toughest light pedal there is FACT, maybe 😉

jedi

azonic aframes are the best. i havent tried canfield crampons.
    tried the rest though pretty much

singlespeedstu

si_progressivebikes – Member

For sure they are not the lightest, but i bet they are the best pedaling, toughest light pedal there is FACT, maybe

but what about the squeeek though. 😆

chvck
    Free Member

I find my Azonic Aframes really good. Not a pretty pedal though mind 😉

si-wilson
    Free Member

I used to love the Azonic A frames, my previous all time best pedal.

jedi

the only pedal i havent broken

si-wilson
    Free Member

but what about the squeeek though.

Some people find they squeak with 5 tens, others don't. Small price to pay for awesomeness 😉

singlespeedstu

I prefer squeeek free awsomeness myself. 8)

ianpinder
    Free Member

Matt doesn't squeak

martinh
    Free Member

Didn't squeak when the 5 10s were new. Now left foot/pedal squeaks like a frenzied mouse. Good grip though

MrNutt
    Free Member

what Si says is true, crampons are the mutts nutts, if you're a bit tighter in the pocket then check out the outland pedals, I wrote a review of them not too long ago (HERE, an update on them would be that they are a little narrow (not too bad though) and that they are as capable as wellgo mg2's at shreadding your calves 😀

stevenieve
    Free Member
    bazzer
    Free Member

Si

So you stock the Crampons ?

Getting a little bit fed up with 5050's falling apart !!

Bazzer

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

What you want (if you can find a pair!) are old skool 24Seven Slackers – got a pair on each of my bikes and they've converted me from clipping in. Tried a pair back in 2000'ish when they came out and was scared by the grip but came back to them a couple of years ago and they're flippin awesome.

Plus they have an integrated bottle opener. What more do you want?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Grip and Pimpness… you Sir require some Point 1 Racing Podiums.

If you want a set of Burgtec Penthouse 2's in snow camo I have a spare set for sale, including replacement bearings and bushings.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘what are the best flat pedals ??’ is closed to new replies.