Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • What are Prince Edward's medals for?
  • Harry_the_Spider

Making tea for actors?
    Holding a sports day at Alton Towers?

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

not sure but I suspect his mum gave them to him 🙂 Come to think of it it does look like his mum dressed him and he will grow into it! ( first day at school ect)

wrecker
    Free Member

2 off jubilee gongs in the middle I think.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    buckster
    Free Member

Being exceptionally posh

revs1972
    Free Member

That’s his 5m, 10m ,25m and 50m swimming medals from school

Rockhopper
    Free Member

From left to right:

Queen Elizabeth II Silver Jubilee Medal
    Queen Elizabeth II Golden Jubilee Medal
    Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal
    New Zealand Commemorative medal

Rorschach
    Free Member

1977: Queen Elizabeth II Silver Jubilee Medal
    1990: New Zealand Commemorative Medal
    2002: Queen Elizabeth II Golden Jubilee Medal
    2005: Commemorative Medal for the Centennial of Saskatchewan
    2012: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal
    2015: Canadian Forces’ Decoration
    So mostly his Mom being a queen for ages.He could have at least shot a few people for them.

chestrockwell

They give them out for all sorts. Plenty of people in the Fire Service walk round with various ribbons proudly attached to their chest (Usually the ones who spend most of the day behind a desk). We get them for the Jubilee, various anniversaries and the like along with a medal. Don’t actually have to do anything to be awarded them apart from turn up to work. I imagine old Eddy boy will be the same.

chestrockwell

Beaten to it, see above.

redthunder
    Free Member

Jubliee junk.

redthunder
    Free Member

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/theroyalfamily/11471375/Medals-braid-sashes-what-exactly-are-the-military-uniforms-worn-by-the-Royal-family.html

The Earl of Wessex, who famously failed to complete his Royal Marines commando course and never saw active service, nevertheless holds nine honorary military appointments in the UK and Canada.

..on his chest he wears the Silver Jubilee Medal, the Golden Jubilee Medal, the Diamond Jubilee Medal and the New Zealand Commemorative Medal.

Beneath his medals he wore the insignia of the Order of the Garter and the Royal Victorian Order.

allthepies
    Free Member

Pubes need a trim.

athgray
    Free Member

If Andrew dresses like that, the two of them could stand either side of a window and look like a pair of curtains.

bruneep

Plenty of people in the Fire Service walk round with various ribbons proudly attached to their chest (Usually the ones who spend most of the day behind a desk

How dare you say that.

RustySpanner

Sympathy.

Alpha1653

Not every medal you see people wearing shows that they have been shot at or blown up. Frequently, they are commemorative medals i.e. Queen’s Jubilee medals.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Rockhopper and Rorsach thanks for clarification 🙂

Bruneep its best to ignore the trolls, sadly this place has many

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Even I’ve got a medal. Something to do with the prison service but I can’t remember what it was for, probably a ‘thanks for turning up’ one.

CheesybeanZ

Who cares it all helps bring in the tourist ££££££ that creates lots of jobs .

coconut
    Free Member

thought they were for services to racism and stupidity ?

bruneep

I have thicker skin than most after 26yrs in FS no prisoners taken there.

It’s the sat behind a desk bit. I got mine for sleeping, playing pool/snooker, car washing, sorting out my part time work and surfing the Internet to see what offshore bank is best suited to my free gold plated pension that the tax payers gift me.
    😉

johnners
    Free Member

The Earl of Wessex, who famously failed to complete his Royal Marines commando course

TBF I reckon at least 95% of the posters on here wouldn’t pass the course, they’d just fail less famously.

maccruiskeen

Pubes need a trim.

Hair Apparent?

kayla1
    Free Member

3 years’ service, 6 years’ service, 10 years’ service & cleaning the nozzles on the chicken soup machines.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

The one on the right is definitely a winners medal from Teamsport karting in Cardiff, I’ve got one exactly the same 😆

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

And it’s bruneep and maccruiskeen through to the final of Who Winz The Internetz 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

Bit unfair to just single out one of our parasitic shapeshifting lizard overlords, eh harry?

deadkenny
    Free Member

kayla1 – Member
    3 years’ service, 6 years’ service, 10 years’ service & cleaning the nozzles on the chicken soup machines.

Beat me to it 😀

He’s probably got a Bronze and Silver Swimming Certificate also.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I got given a commemorative tie for 5 years service. It was appropriately grey with the company logo and a 5 embroidered on it.

chestrockwell

How dare you say that.

Sorry if that upsets you mate but it was a statement of fact in my Brigade, not a particular dig. WM and below do not tend to wear theirs, SM and above do. The majority of SM and above jobs are based behind a desk the majority of the time.

Bruneep its best to ignore the trolls, sadly this place has many

Coming from you this made me LOL.

footflaps

I thought they were all to do with Buggery…

Medal for being buggered by a Teacher in Prep School
    Medal for being buggered by a Prefect at Eton
    Medal for being buggered by a Burser at Oxbridge
    Medal for being buggered by an officer at Sandhurst

cornholio98
    Free Member

To be fair the company I work for gives out ribbons and awards for every 5 years service and people wear them at events….

Some people like ribbons and medals some people don’t. At least he is not wearing anything that would have been given for actually doing something he didn’t do.

bruneep

😯

Are you new in the FS?

😕

ninfan
    Free Member

No ‘it’s a Royal knockout’ second runners up medal?

RustySpanner

What has he actually done that deserves a medal and a silly uniform?

chestrockwell

If 17yrs in is new then yes. 😉

I have to take my normal head off when entering STW as usual rules don’t apply and people seem to fret over the most minor things.

Cougar

I thought they were all to do with Buggery…

You’re confusing them with meddles.

bruneep

My medal haul. I shall wear with pride the next time I venture outside and mix with the general public.

Or I might ebay them

One on the left is for turning up to work for 20yrs

Scamper
    Free Member

Pretty sure all hm forces get the one on the right hand one, as my misses has one.

DezB
    Free Member

My kid’s got more than that and he’s only 13!

Got one for every football and rugby tournament he’s been in, every season completed and some school sportsday ones. Just hasn’t got the silly uniform to wear with them.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘What are Prince Edward's medals for?’ is closed to new replies.