• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by GJP.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What are Blackburn track pumps like?
  • chakaping
    Free Member

I need a new track pump and I'm considering the Air Tower 3 or Air Tower 4 for £33 or £51 respectively.

Anyone know if they're good quality – and if the 4 is worth the extra £18?

Is it less likely to break because it's "workshop quality"?

patentlywill
    Free Member

They have excellent service – they do a lifetime guarantee which I used via Wiggle to get a replacement for a three year old Air tower when the piston seal went – so good news/bad news.

You're Covered for Life.
    For years, we've stood behind our products with a lifetime warranty. If you have trouble with one of our excellent Pumps, Racks, Tools, Mirrors or Cages, just send it back and we'll send you a new one, no questions asked.

singlecrack
    Free Member

They are fine.
    I have had one for about 15 years now with no problems.

eckinspain
    Free Member

mine's excellent and everyone says how good it is when they use it. can't remember what number it is but it's maroon

chakaping
    Free Member

Which air tower did you have Will?

The lifetime guarantee was part of the attraction, have seen so many pumps stop working that I don't expect any to last forever.

fubar
    Free Member

my Blackburn is standing up well (better than the Blow Joe I had before)

patentlywill
    Free Member

Mine was an Airtower 4 – August 2007 – I think going tubeless for the first time may have contributed – I'm very happy with mine

dexterbexley
    Free Member

I bent the shaft on mine when I threw it across the room in a fit of rage, but that says more about me than the pump. Having said that the first one I got from my lbs had a leaky head – they replaced it for free.

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

I have one of the airtowers though don't know which one, think it was supposed to be about £70 (bought secondhand to replace a Topeak Joe Blow Sport).

It's fine but I find the head a little temperamental at sealing on presta calves (don't know about schraeder, don't use them).

You can't pick it up by the handle (obvious place to grab) as it doesn't "lockk down" like the Joe Blow did (by looping the hose over the top of the handle).

Minor stuff TBH.

GJP
    Free Member

My blackburn track pump failed after a year. Joe blow going strong after 6-7 years. In fact all my blackburn pumps have failed surprisingly quickly – god know why I keep buying them!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What are Blackburn track pumps like?’ is closed to new replies.