Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • What are you addicted to playing? Warning: Contains Geek Content!
  • badllama
    Free Member

Mature gamer here at 41 lol. My gaming vices currently are

BF 3 all maps
    XCOM the new version 🙂

Both on PC, Friday is my gaming night so roll on 4.10 pm 😀

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I am addicted to Tetris.

captainscrumpy
    Free Member

Minecraft!

ChrisL

On my PC I have been annoyingly hooked by Mass Effect 3’s multiplayer mode. It’s store system is horrendous but it’s probably also one of the things that keeps me playing, as it is so hard to get the weapons, equipment and characters that I want.

On my xBox I got into Borderlands quite heavily but I am managing to restrict my Borderlands 2 time mostly to when I’m playing it in a team with friends.

hounslow
    Free Member

Pretty much addicted to Just Cause 2. It’s the only game i go back to and play repeatedly. I do occasionally play FIFA or Skate but they get boring much more quickly.

Mikkel
    Free Member

captainscrumpy, because of you i now want to go home and build a big castle in Minecraft 🙂

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

I play a lot of Battlefield 3, I’m 33 and one of my best mates from school (who together with me used to be mad keen on quakeworld and counterstrike back in the day) got back in touch a few months ago and invited me to his wedding. Got talking to him about BF3 and he’s since got well into it so we regularly play for hours as a pretty formidable 2-man squad/vehicle crew over voice comms. My little brother who is 17 also joins us more and more. He lives on the other side of the country and I don’t get much contact with him normally so it works nicely 🙂

My missus likes to quietly sit and knit in peace of a weekday evening so no complaints from her if I’m out of her way either 🙂

tomtomthepipersson
    Free Member

Used to play Call of Duty far too much. Loved it and hated it at the same time – it just ate up too many hours and I achieved nothing (in the real world). But it was so bloody addictive. Bastards!

Had to let my Xbox live expire so I couldn’t play it any more.

I now play Words with Friends and it’s not the same. Sigh.

samuri
    Free Member

I don’t get time to be addicted any more. I’ll be playing Forza 4 tonight for a bit. What I was addicted to when I was younger and would happily take up a full night till dawn was Civilization. Settlers was quite engaging too.

jon1973
    Free Member

Battlefield 3 on the PS3 for me at the moment.

TatWink
    Free Member

Black Ops here, now rocking diamond camo shotguns.

mattk
    Free Member

Battlefield 3 for me.

The fact I can’t yet unlock the mp5k is driving me mad. New pack out soon and can’t wait to raz about on dirt bikes!

Northwind

D0NK – Member

Hmm not “clear” but pretty freaking obvious I’d have thought. All this buying buffs/gear seems a con to me, cheating the game and fleecing the customers.

Cheers for the epsxe hint! Need to check that out (does take away my excuse for not starting another playthrough though!)

I think this is exactly what microtransactions are best at- obviously they’re cheating, and boosting your gold/exp is also cheating, so they go together. Meanwhile proper, decent human beings will play the game properly 😉

chvck
    Free Member

Find it hard to get really addicted to a game these days (doesn’t help that I’m a linux user) but I bought the android humble bundle the other day. Getting quite addicted to Solar2 and think I’m going to develop a nasty habit of playing beat hazard when I get into it.

I can waste a lot of time playing big name titles but it’s always the indie games that wind up taking over periods of my life!

Cougar

I think this is exactly what microtransactions are best at

I don’t mind so much when it’s a value-added option that you can ignore. It’s when you can’t really play properly or progress without buying extra stuff that I feel fleeced. Or rather, I would if I ever fell for that sort of pricing model.

Creg

Borderlands 2, also on the hunt for the rare weapons. Hasn’t left the console since I got it on release day.

redthunder
    Free Member

I’m still playing Worms United from 1995.

DosBox and a [download from the web]

Best game ever.

PS and Elite and Doom

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I have Skyward Sword waiting by the wii in case I ever get incapacitated for a week and a half.

PlopNofear
    Free Member

League of Legends here as well, played quite a bit over the past year.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Does arma work ok on a fairly low spec PC?

samuri
    Free Member

I always have to have a driving game on the go. It was Forza Horizon for a while but I’m enjoying NFS Most Wanted at the moment./

D0NK

^^^ astroturfing?*
    (not you samuri)

*or whatever it’s called

lowey

Die hard PC Gamer.

Spent a ludicrously embarrassing amount of time playing Half Life 2 Deathmatch from 2005 to 2011, competing in ESL, Clanbase, CAL Leagues etc.

Switched to TF2 couple of years ago and just play that now, but not competitive, in fact, not even clanned up.

I love gaming. I love riding my bike outside as well.

Clobber
    Free Member

“Clash of Clans” is a life ruiner….

cheez0
    Free Member

World of Tanks here too..

Add me! CheeZ0

Marmoset
    Free Member

Real racing on the iPad is my current one, until I reach the limit of what a tight a*** can do without resorting to in app purchases 😀

Cougar

willard

Scrabble. Love that game to bits.

On a PS3, I’m getting frustrated with Battlefield 3, but love X-COM. I think Battlefield’s problem is the paying for everything and the 2Gb download I had to do on install. I’m also still getting used to the control mechanism, having come from a PC where keyboard and mouse rule the roost.

timidwheeler

In my dream last night, an orc knocked on my door and asked me to fix the fence in my back garden.
    I’ve been playing too much Skyrim!

almightydutch
    Free Member

Used to be hardcore gamer, lots of all nighters and serious total hour count, however junior dictates that I cant play as much as I used to (eg: Friday night till Sunday evening sessions) but current crop are:

BF3 (all maps but dont like Conquest large as it bores the hell outta me, I love a bit of TeamDM though)
    MX vs ATV Relflex (mainly Supercross racing online)
    World Superbikes Generations (again online only)

Occasional games which gets played regular but not as much as the ones above are Race Room Online/Sim Raceway/Far Cry 3(completed over Christmas break)/Tony Hawk HD(nice throwback)/plethora of FPS games

FuzzyWuzzy

World of Tanks here to but frick me it’s a money sink though if you let yourself get carried away :p
    Getting a bit bored of random battles now, might try some tank companies as still grinding tier 10 stuff for CW.
    I’m Phuzzi on it if anyone wants to platoon for t5+ stuff…

richmtb

Cougar.

I’ve just bought a Nexus 7. Tell me more about the retro gaming possibilities.

Have you really plugged in a 360 controller to it? 🙂

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘What are you addicted to playing? Warning: Contains Geek Content!’ is closed to new replies.