Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What am I missing? Bluto rl vs rct3
  • chrisdavids

I’m purchasing one of these in 120mm guise but I thought the RL was the more basic fork. Is that the case? If so, why is the RL more expensive than the rct3?

http://www.ubyk.co.uk/rock-shox-bluto-rct3-solo-air-2016/27672

http://www.ubyk.co.uk/rock-shox-bluto-rl-solo-air-2016/27676

Thanks for your help,

Chris

mikewsmith
    Free Member
    chrisdavids

I wondered that. The sram site had little info on the rct3. Both are sold as 2016 and the pricing is similar elsewhere.

tillydog
    Free Member

RLs are in stock, RCT3s aren’t – Clickbait??

The RCT3 hasn’t been available that long.

ETA: I got the RCT3 version from UBYK after about a month on back order – they kept me informed throughout, and I’d use them again. (It was the full, aftermarket version, boxed up with the spares kit and pump, too).

mikewsmith
    Free Member

They currently only list the RL on their page, hence my thought it was a year end thing – technically the RCT3 could be a 2016 fork but not an ongoing one with the RL being the 16/17 option

tillydog
    Free Member

the RCT3 could be a 2016 fork but not an ongoing one with the RL being the 16/17 option

AFAIK, it is likely to be the other way around – the RCT3 option only became available late last year, whereas the RL was the only option previously. The RCT3 is supposedly the more sophisticated damper (some people have been retro-fitting them to RL forks).

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and as of now there is only the RL listed on the SRAM Pages.

tillydog
    Free Member

^ True.

blades2000
    Free Member

Get the RCT-3 over the RL it’s a much better damper.

chrisdavids

Thanks for all the responses. I’ll get a rct3 ordered.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What am I missing? Bluto rl vs rct3’ is closed to new replies.