Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • What AM frames have a 66 degree ( or less) headangle?
  • swisstony
    Free Member

Wanting something slacker up front,

looked Orange 66 and Spesh Enduro

what else?

ta

SBrock
    Free Member

Google search is your best bet alpine 160?

chakaping
    Free Member

Mondraker Dune.

Had mine up in the Lakes at weekend and it was amazingly good. Very light too and carries speed well through rocky stuff.

Light weight means it’s versatile enough to do more XC-ish rides too.

slowrider
    Free Member

anything 68 or less, providing a works headset will fit. great product, can make a good frame outstanding.

(intense tracer with 2 degree offset here)

messiah
    Free Member

Tech-spec for Nicolai Helius AM says 66.5deg… but mine measures in at a lovely feeling 65deg. What is it when I’m riding it though 🙄

Mine has a 1.5 headtube but I’ve seen no reason to fit an adjustable headset as I love it as it is.

thv3
    Free Member

Nukeproof Mega is also a 66 degree HA.

Could also look at works/angleset headsets which alter HA for a lot less than a new frame.

EDIT : too slow ^^^^

swisstony
    Free Member

ta, i’ll have a look at those

ive looked at the works headsets but they dont seem to do one for my 1-1/8 to 1-1/2 non intergrated hadtube, ive mailed them to enquire though.

Superficial
    Free Member

I think the Yeti SB-66 is 66 degrees.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

I think the Yeti SB-66 is 66 degrees.

It is meant to be with a 160mm fork.

carbon337
    Free Member

Five with 160mm forks? Think it is anyway.

EDIT – Yes a recentish five with 160’s is 66deg.

Northwind

As above, lots of them if you fit a Works headset. My Hemlock comes in around 66, not sure what side it falls on though when it’s sagged.

slowrider
    Free Member

swisstony, they will make you a headset to order in about 2-3 weeks. great guys to deal with

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

can make a good frame outstanding.

I don’t understand this. I’m not saying that I disagree, I just don’t get how making the head angle slacker than what the manufacturer improves a bike.

Anyone care to shed some light for me?

slowrider
    Free Member

some bikes are too steep IMO. making them slacker makes them better.

take mine for instance. a 160mm bike with a coil shock and a 170mm coil fork, weighs 34lbs ish. i dont want it to be a nimble climber or a flickable xc machine, i want it to feel like a mini dh bike that i can still climb comfortably on. 66deg rather than 68deg is a significant part of what makes my bike what it is.

doug_basqueMTB.com

The G-Spot is about 66. Cove say 67 but I checked mine built with a set of 36 Vans and it measures at about 66.

phutphutend

Cannondale Prophet.

Lovely frames and can be got for a bargain price. Mine has a works component headset that brings it in at about 65° with 150mm forks.

Ir does wander a bit in low speed corners, but you just need to commit a bit and push the bike in hard and it all makes sense.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Thanks for reminding me, must get my Last Herb AM/FR review up.
    66° with 140mm forks which is my daily bike. 65° with 160 forks. which means when i used totems on mine for DH in the alps i was running 64°.
    33lb built up in AM kit.
    They’ve got a sale on the site at the moment too.
    Top buy, really love mine.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘What AM frames have a 66 degree ( or less) headangle?’ is closed to new replies.