Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What all mountain frame to get?!
  • mcpayner94
    Free Member

Time to upgrade my current Santa Cruz Heckler frame due to it being too small!
    Looking for a replacement all mountain frame, size large. What’s peoples opinions and ideas?

Jordan

fudge9202
    Free Member

Depends on the type of riding you do and the terrain?

johnellison
    Free Member

Depends on the type of riding you do and the terrain?

Clue’s in the question, he’s after an all-mountain type frame…

FWIW I absolutely love my Orange Alpine 160. Deadly simple and British. Like me.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kiwijohn

Yeti SB66. As good as they say it is.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Clue but not enough info in title? Do you like the heckler if no no point going for an alpine just get a bigger heckler. Bombproof and sensible price as opposed to an alpine

tpbiker
    Free Member

Spesh Enduro. I went from a heckler (which was to short in the tt) to this. Better on the climbs, and better on the descents.

Northwind

What do/don’t you like about the Heckler? What should the new bike do/not do?

I recommend <bike I own> because it’s better than <bike I’ve never ridden>

nickewen
    Free Member

Mega. If u can be chowed to pedal its heavy slack arse up hills it more than makes up for it on th doons.

mcpayner94
    Free Member

Well I mainly ride a lot of dh, pedal back up the hills and I went to the alps in the summer. That included pedalling up mountains and cycling down them. Good cornering would be useful for steep and techy, the heckler was very good at everything except pedalling long distances I found!
    Spesh enduros, alpines and megas have caught my eye from research at the moment!
    I’m 6ft 1″, assuming a large would be the best size?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Having demoed the alpine the extra 10mm gives you nothing over the heckler with a 160 fork. As you said yours was bombproof. Nomad should pick a place on the list same frame price as alpine am inho a much better all round bike. Spicy or zesty (whichever the big one is)

Northwind

Alpine is ace, but more of a winch-up than a great pedaller, not much different from the Heckler from that point of view (but better at bombing downwards)

I love my Hemlock, honestly haven’t ridden anything else that even dents it on the stuff it’s best at, but that’s an old discontinued model obviously.

sandal100

Don’t forget the tracer 2! I have done everything on mine and it does well at everything!

hambl90
    Free Member

A larger new heckler ?

mcpayner94
    Free Member

Yeh, the tracer has caught my eye as well! I have a DHX 5.0 coil on my Heckler at the moment, which makes it an all round enduro bike! Fox 36 RLC Fit at the front too, I’m super happy with it and obviously want a similar set up with the new frame. I’m thinking about getting an air shock though, mainly saving weight and probably upping the performance hugely. If anyone knows of a person selling a good quality AM frame let me know! That would be much appreciated!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What all mountain frame to get?!’ is closed to new replies.