Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • What all-in-one light?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Needs to be small, have a built in battery, be rechargeable, lasts up to 5 hours whilst being suitable for road use in the dark.

I love my L&M Urban 500 and whilst it’s fine on low, it’s only good for 3 hours.

br
    Free Member

Joystick

cloudnine
    Free Member

Exposure Strada

CraigW
    Free Member

I’m looking at the Fenix BC30R. Claims 4.5 hours on mid, or 11.5 hours on low.
    http://www.fenixtorch.co.uk/Shop/Fenix-Torches/Bike-Lights/13110-Fenix-BC30R.html

tuboflard

Bar or helmet mount? I can’t fault either the Joystick or Diablo for helmet mount. Diablo enough for bar mount on the road too. Oh, and the Joystick is a great head torch for running with the headband.

benp1

What’s your budget?

Exposure Diablo fits the bill

forzafkawi
    Free Member

Smart 700 – 350 lumens on medium, 6.5 hour runtime. £30 High On Bikes

trademark
    Free Member

I’m happy with my Lezyne Micro Drive 400 XL.
    Battery life seems good.

jacob46
    Free Member

Esposure toro. Got mine wired with button on left hood for quick high low option for when a vehicle is approaching. 1800 lumens. 10+ hours.

Dibbs
    Free Member

If you like the L&M Urban, how about L&M Gobe (12hrs on Low).

I have a couple of Urban 800’s and they’re fine on the road on low on all but the fastest bits.

philwarren11
    Free Member

Another vote for the Smart 700. Cant fault it to be honest.

And for the price they are you could buy two or three. lol.

frood
    Free Member

+1 exposure joystick.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

We’ve had (and still have) a number of USE lights. They’re really good when they work but we’ve had a few failures and I think it’s the batteries that go (they don’t like being left flat for 6 months which is what inevitably happens.

I’ve got a Lezyne as well. It’s no as well designed as the USE’s – the bracket, charge port, button – BUT it’s got a user replaceable battery.

Whilst the charge port isn’t as well waterproofed it *is* a standard micro USB so you don’t need to carry/find the USE adaptor

mrblobby
    Free Member

Like my Strada a lot, very good beam pattern for the road and very usable even on low power (I think the medium setting is meant to give 10 hours.) Use it with a RedEye which just plugs in to the smart port, I like not having to faff about making sure my rear light is charged.

It has had to go back to USE with a firmware problem but they were good about it and turned it around quickly.

I’d look at the Lezyne ones for the reasons mentioned by Simons above. A few roadie mates have them and rate them.

TiRed

Have a Mk2 strada and a joystick which both give good beam patterns. For dark roads, a Joystick will give good light but not the duration.

I also rate Cateye very highly and a Volt1200 on low setting would be a good value choice above the Joystick for the duration you want. Mounts are excellent and cheap too.

medoramas
    Free Member

Niterider Lumina 750.

On “Low”, which is 200 lumens – 5hr 30 minutes.

It’s been having very demanding live with me for the last 16 months. Used everyday in every weather. Had few crashes with it, it has been dropped on concrete, it was submerged in a bowl for 10 minutes… I rode Bontrager 24/12 with it.

Great light. Solid mount (don’t overtight it! not much force needed to keep it in place), helmet mount in a box, USB rechargeable.

I got Lumina 400 on a helmet last year and this is a perfect couple.

Daffy

Exposure Equinox.

lardman
    Free Member

Leyzne XL drive is cheap on Sportpursuit.com right now! £50

On mid power its good for 5hrs on the road, on high its good for two+ offroad. Clamp for bar and helmet is very solid.
    Easily replaceable battery, so you can take a spare on a ride.

mrblobby
    Free Member

For dark roads, a Joystick will give good light but not the duration.

Found a joystick a bit rubbish, at least compared to the Strada , too narrow a beam. Handy to carry in the back pocket for emergencies though.

iainc

current Joystick is a lot more floody than older ones. I have used it on dark country roads on the bars and found it pretty good

mrblobby
    Free Member

Ah mine’s a mk5 so quite old.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘What all-in-one light?’ is closed to new replies.