Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What 'all in one compact speaker' to use with Chromecast audio?
  • DrP

Since I realised you can multi-cast with the Chromecast audio, I’m regretting not picking a few more up when they were £14!
    I’m sure they’ll drop into the sale again, but I was looking for advice as to which speaker would be good to pair it up with…

Ideally, I’d be after a powered unit, a bit like this (My friend has 3 of these around his flat, and they look and sound GREAT, and can be mounted high up in a corner)..however, these are simply ‘spotify only’. Though I have a spotify, I like the freedom Chromecast has of allowing you to stream iplayer/own music etc..

The C-cast audio I have at the moment is into the soundbar/sub in the lounge, but would be keen to get a smaller unit for the kitchen etc..

SO basically a nice sounding, aux input, small all-in-one speaker!
    Any suggestions would be appreciated 🙂

DrP

peekay

I asked something similar last week and had very little response.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/chromecast-audio-speaker-recommendations

My current thinking is that multimedia / desktop Pc speakers will fit the bill best.

I would like to have a listen to some Bose Companion 20 speakers to compare the sound to that of A Wave system or one of their Bluetooth Sound dock things as I think that they may be reasonable quality, look ok and the cost seems about right.

There also looks to be some LG and Sony speakers with chromecast built in, but as I already have a spare chromecast Audio currently unused I am also looking for just a simple speaker system.

Rubber_Buccaneer

There are loads of all in one speaker units available but most if not all will be bluetooth/airplay/some other wifi based system. Just pick one of them that has an aux in and you are sorted

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    toby1

Q Acoustics BT3 if stereo and sound quality are of importance?

peekay

After a month of faffing and looking at reviews I decided to get a set of Q Acoustics BT3 last week.

They are great.

Thanks for the tip toby1

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Why are you trusting someone else’s opinion about how a speaker sounds without hearing it first for yourself against others in the same price bracket?

peekay

Thanks for your input Mr Woppit.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What 'all in one compact speaker' to use with Chromecast audio?’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts