Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • what airport card for core duo macbook?
  • tails
    Free Member

from ebay there seem so many, and don't want something that does not fit

Talkemada
    Free Member

Has it not got W-Fi built in?

What model is it?

EDIT: according to Mactracker (an app that gives you info on all Mac models), all MacBooks (Intel) come with Airport built-in.

tails
    Free Member

it is a late 2006 macbook with in built wifi airport wireless card.

Talkemada
    Free Member

???

So what are you trying to do? You don't need an extra Airport card to connect to tinternet wirelessly…

The built-in airport card will allow you Wi-Fi connection to your router, if your router allows Wi-Fi connection…

Jamie
    Free Member

All Intel Core Duos have internal 802.11g cards built in and are not a user serviceable part, unless you know what your doing and fancy upgrading to a 802.11n card. The only user added wi-fi cards were on the old G4 Powerbooks.

tails
    Free Member

Whats happened is I have sold a laptop and told the buyer battery is average, wireless bit flakey, no warranty no refund blah blah. This was over a month ago, the buyer is now saying the airport is broken she is very angry now the airport was working under a hardware test.

She wants £50 I'm considering offering to buy her a new airport card, as i don't really fancy a ebay stalker after me.

tails
    Free Member

So to summarize will any wireless card fit?

Jamie
    Free Member

I would personally tell them to **** off. It was a private sale where they were warned about any issues and they have no comeback. Report them as harassing you to eBay or just ignore them.

Edit: If you MUST be a pushover, just tell them to buy a wireless dongle for a tenner off eBay.

Edit 2: No, i am going to stick to my original advice and tell them to **** off.

Talkemada
    Free Member

I'm not sure you can fit a new Airport card to those, it may be hardwired onto the logic board. I could be wrong. It could still require major surgery, even if it were possible.

TBH, Airport on some Macs is flaky anyway; I think software and maybe Firmware updates could fix things.

I'd suggest she might not have the Airport configured correctly.

Difficult, without seeing the thing in front of me.

Jamie
    Free Member

I'm not sure you can fit a new Airport card to those, it may be hardwired onto the logic board. I could be wrong. It could still require major surgery, even if it were possible.

You are.

The How & The What.

tails
    Free Member

Well it can be changed see here

I to first thought **** off you had it for a month could have used it in the bath for all i know. Although she came across honest through the whole process and asked many questions before buying. I don't want to be a chopper as I have been stung on ebay once, but at the same time I'm not going to give her £50.

Jamie
    Free Member

Well it is up to you what to do, but i would save your cash and spend it all on sweets.

Talkemada
    Free Member

Jamie; I stand corrected. It still requires major sugary though.

Computers (even Macs) are compulcated things. Is she really sure the Airport is faulty? I'm sure there are ways of testing it.

tails
    Free Member

Yeah she took it to the apple store, which is frustrating as my brother did work as a apple fixer type person and put it on the test bed and said it all works.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘what airport card for core duo macbook?’ is closed to new replies.