Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • What air pistols do you have?
  • spectraken
    Free Member

I have an Air Arms S200 Mk1, great for ratting in the garden.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Ah I see, I understand now!

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Wembley Hurricane and Tempest – cracking little ” Plinkers” 😆

SidewaysTim

Several Steyr LPs due to two of my kids being involved with the Junior GB Pistol squad.

mooman
    Free Member

I have a near mint HW45 pistol. It’s nearly as heavy as some air rifles.
    And an equally mint Air Arms Prosport rifle.
    The pistol is louder than the rifle.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

I used to have this, I loved it.

Cletus
    Free Member

I have a Webley Junior that was my Dad’s

A Gamo Center

An Umarex C02 powered PPK

godzilla
    Free Member

Webely Tempest .22 & Crossman Classic 1377, Also got some rifles & shotguns.
    If your after a good cheap gun try THIS for an awesome price on the Crossman classic delivered to the UK.

tandemwarriors

Several Steyr LPs due to two of my kids being involved with the Junior GB Pistol squad.

Do they still run the junior squad out of the range at Bedford? I was in the junior squad development group around 87′ to ’90. Was spotted at an LNER shoot at Chesterfied and invited to join. Turned up at Bedford with my Daisy Powerline 717 and cheapo Gamo wadcutters, which got sniggered at, until they put it in the vice and it’s grouping wasn’t far off the new fangled (at the time) CO2 FWB’s 🙂

Rob

butcher

Genuine question. For the people that buy these, is it more about shooting, or just collecting them that appeals?

I’ve always had a fascination with guns. Used to have loads of toy guns as a kid. And wandered past a shop the other day that had loads of airsoft in the window, and they just looked awesome! Really made me want to buy one. But what kind of wierdo collects guns?? 😉 Seriously though, I’d genuinely feel uncomfortable buying one. Like I’d immediately be put on some terrorist register.

Anyway. I’m not gonna ask anymore questions, cos it sounds like it could be an expensive hobby.

mooman
    Free Member

I used to go after rabbits etc with mine a good few years ago.
    Could never bring myself to shoot one nowadays though.
    We get the occasional rat at the end of the garden feeding on the bird table … I used to bowl them over with the rifle, but can`t bring myself to even shoot a rat nowadays either.
    The pistol was bought to do a bit of plinking in the garden. But they are horrendously inaccurate compared to a rifle with good sights so I got bored of that quickly.

They are both locked away gathering dust nowadays. Would never sell them though.

tandemwarriors

Perfectly reasonable question Butcher.
    I started shooting 10 metre air pistol at 14 or 15 after pestering my Mum for ages. Via the school DofE scheme I was put in touch the local club in Nottingham. Shot twice a week and did weekend competitions until I was mid 20’s. Also discovered MTB’s when I was 14 or 15 (around ’87) so that saw a decline in the shooting!

For me it was always the challenge of the next personal best. Could I get another 10? Could I regularly get each card of 10 shots into the 90’s? Could I hold my nerve under pressure in a competition and perform my best? I look back and believe that the discipline and responsibility of shooting was a huge influence on my growing up, and firmly believe I am a better person for doing it.

Rob

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘What air pistols do you have?’ is closed to new replies.