Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • What adrenaline rush sport/experience have you always wanted to try?
  • Creg

Going on the back of the mega jump thread what kind of adrenaline pumping sport/experience have you always wanted to try?

Ive always wanted to have a go at basejumping, especially some of the cliff basejumping like in Norway or a really high skydive.

What have you always wanted to try along similar lines?

Wookster

I'd like to be able to ride to the limits of my bike!! otherwise those big wave surfers you see on the huges swells is just amazing!

Karinofnine

Yup, would like to try basejumping (even tho I'm afraid of heights) but what I would really really like to do is get a go in a jet fighter being catapulted off the deck of an aircraft carrier.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    badnewz
    Free Member

I'd like to race a MotoGP bike round the circuit they use in California.

Creg

Big wave surfing is a good one. Ive surfed swells that were 14ft and that was enough of a pant filler. Some of the stuff at Jaws and Waimea is just immense

JulianA
    Free Member

Cave diving.

+1 for the jet fighter carrier launch!

petrieboy

I'd love to have a go at paramotoring

Houns

Street Luge for something that i'm realistically going to do

Base Jumping wearing a wingsuit like this :

For the one where i'd like to think i could do it but know i would never have the balls to

bassspine
    Free Member

is it boring to say bungie jumping? I've just never had the chance, I know it's a bit old hat and tame these days…

Curly68
    Free Member

Base jumping for me. And to go through all the B A S and E.
    Done bungee jumping. 180ft backwards was more frightening then 250ft forwards! Gliding was good fun, done road racing, moto x, sidecar cross and a few others. Great fun.
    Nowadays though if I get my wheels more than 2ft off the ground I'm panicking!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Do they catapult planes off carriers? I thought they just used the ropes to catch them as they land? Still – sounds a good call however they get in the sky. Maybe fly a Lightening vertically into the classified zone would be fun too…

john_drummer
    Free Member

Do they catapult planes off carriers?

yes, they have to use steam catapults to give the planes the extra oomph to get airborne. Acceleration from their engines isn't enough in the short space they've got

Personally I'd love to go scuba diving (hardly "adrenaline" sport) but I have a wee handicap. Can't swim. Never needed to.

Would love to try a fighter jet! Used to fly gliders in my youth that was ace so I can imagine that a eurofighter is a bit of a giggle!

In real terms I really want to learn to kite surf, I just think it looks the mutts! Plus its a great companion to riding, if the weather is shite in the woods hit the beach!

Oh yeah and parascending/hang gliding, being able to walk to the top of hill and fly off looks shweet!
    x

samuri
    Free Member

When I watch any extreme sports, the one that always impresses me is base jumping. Some of those crazy mile high cliffs in Norway. Bonkers. And so brave too, I'd never have the guts to do that. Wish I did, it looks like it's a proper buzz.

skidartist
    Free Member

Personally I'd love to go scuba diving (hardly "adrenaline" sport) but I have a wee handicap. Can't swim. Never needed to.

Shouldn't be a handicap – without the air supply scuba diving would be drowning, so you should be perfectly qualified.

Flaperon

Bungee jump.

IdleJon

I've always fancied a go in a bobsleigh.

john_drummer
    Free Member

yeah but don't you have to prove you can swim before they'll even let you in the beginners' pool?

funny thing is, give me a mask & snorkel (don't even need the flippers)& I'm happy as Larry; take them away and at best it's a "drowning dog"

Stoner
    Free Member

Tiger-f*****g

or failing that then Id love to have a go at paragliding or dragging with a big kite. I have 6' kite which , luckily, isnt big enough to get me off the deck without my help, but some big kite dragging would be cool

wrightyson
    Free Member

Flying on a plane from here to Spain this week. If only!!!!!!!

BillMC

I always fancied a go at aerobatics. A mate bought a partnership in a Yak and I went up a few times. It was kin brutal all of that G force and spinning about and flying over Kettering upside down with ropey (lit) Russian straps keeping you from falling 3000 feet. Didn't really enjoy it but it was a thrill.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘What adrenaline rush sport/experience have you always wanted to try?’ is closed to new replies.