Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What adaptor?
  • Hairychested
    Free Member

An original IS mount Hope Mini to be fitted to a Manitou Black fork with 183mm rotor. What adaptor do I need? Thanks.

momo

What caliper number is it, as the adaptor increases the required disc size by 20mm. So if its a number 3 caliper then you'll need to go up to a 203mm disc, and it may work out cheaper to buy a new caliper half.

Hedgehog
    Free Member

had the exact same thing. got a new caliper from UKbikestore as momo suggested.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Wouldn't this work?

STATO
    Free Member

Yes that would work, but you would need a 203mm rotor as the mount moves the caliper further from the axle…

Example:

a front a 51mm international standard caliper to a 74mm post mount fork using a 180mm rotor.

A front magura caliper normally takes a 160mm rotor and this mount makes it use a 180mm rotor.

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

I've just done something similar, and couldn't get the right adaptor. So…I rang Hope. It turned out that my calipers were one of a shortish run, but that could only be found by Hope from the reference number stamped on it. Once they knew the number they told me which adaptor was needed, and it wasn't the obvious one. Ring Hope.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Isn't it the simplest is best option? Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What adaptor?’ is closed to new replies.