Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • What about these 'photos' then?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Following on from the almost artistic discussion on the Photoshop thread, what do you think of these photos?

The Burning Bush by molgrips, on Flickr

The Pink Bridge by molgrips, on Flickr

samuri
    Free Member

The burning bush?
    The pink bridge?

Pervert! 😉

Second one is better.

molgrips
    Free Member

I know. Was a bit unsure as to the direction in which to take the first one.

Bet you can’t guess what they actually are.

MrSmith
    Free Member

the magenta cartridge in your printer has leaked.

johnners
    Free Member

What were you thinking?

_tom_
    Free Member

In different colours, the 2nd one would probably pass as an “abstract” desktop wallpaper.

I like the 1st one

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Do you have the original photos that you used to achieve those images?

molgrips
    Free Member

Originals as JPEGs straight from the camera. All I did in Photoshop was randomly mash the sliders in the RAW editor, and crop the first one.

Original Burning Bush by molgrips, on Flickr

Original Pink Bridge by molgrips, on Flickr

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The second one is the Second Severn Crossing?

Not a bollocks what the first one is – possibly an entrance to a railway tunnel?

molgrips
    Free Member

It kinda looks like the Severn Crossing, that’s why I called it the bridge. But those are exactly as the camera recorded the images with no processing 🙂

I love how the first one really really looks like a landscape.. even the composition is good. It’s nothing of the sort in fact.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

First one’s a melted snowman 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Lol! That would explain the presence of a bowler hat in my landscape shot…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Is it that you don’t know yourself what they are?

molgrips
    Free Member

No, I do but I can’t remember exactly what was happening in front of the lens as I pressed the shutter. I took lots of shots of the subject, those were the only two that didn’t give the game away to some degree.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Is the first one a photo of something like a random freeze-frame on a TV screen? I used to really like this kind of photography when I used film. I’d quite often get pictures back from developing and really have to think about where I’d taking them; not that it necessarily mattered. I seem to have become a little too utilitarian when I got back into it all with a DSLR. Nice shots, molgrips, and a little bit of a reminder/inspiration that I don’t spend enough quality time with my camera nowadays.

molgrips
    Free Member

Close…

duntstick
    Free Member

Is your camera still on warranty? 😉

Printed up these can make a nice splash of colour in a room………

molgrips
    Free Member

Nuts and Bolts by molgrips, on Flickr

molgrips
    Free Member

Well since no-one cares any more, I’ll tell you. They are long exposures (2s or more) of my telly showing Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs the other night. The film is computer animated and pretty colourful so when there was lots of action I got cool results. Some of the shots were dialog scenes so I ended up with two static scenes superimposed, but the panning or moving ones were cool.

At the time I could recognise the scene I’d just watched in the pictures but now I’ve forgotten.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘What about these 'photos' then?’ is closed to new replies.