Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • What about insurance pay out when your scooter is under police hold?
  • smockily
    Free Member

My scooter has been stolen and found by the police 10 days later. My insurance has been trying to get it back from the police pound for almost 2 months now and each time they get the same message: “vehicle under police hold”. After several calls to the police I was finally advised that my scooter was involved in a very serious crime (a gunfire incident) and under the responsibility of a special unit for forensic investigations and therefore cannot be released. The police is unable to tell me when they are going to be able to release my bike and my insurance is telling me there is nothing they can do as they have no way to assess the extent of the damages to my scooter and whether or not it’s a write off. I’ve asked them to send an expert to the pound or try and obtain pictures of the scooter but they don’t seem to get any luck from the people working in the Police Pound. It’s been 2 months and I still haven’t received insurance pay out. Not sure what is common practice in such a case but I can’t believe there is nothing that can be done. Is my insurance not supposed to pay me back the value of the scooter and then keep the bike? What are my rights in this case?
    Many thanks in advance.

annebr
    Free Member

I would certainly be expecting insurance to pay you out now, as if the bike was never recovered.

No idea what should happen mind.

Jamie
    Free Member

Welcome to the forum.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Well its almost a bike so fair enough eh

Was it this fella

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘What about insurance pay out when your scooter is under police hold?’ is closed to new replies.