Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What a night for films on the TV……
  • RustySpanner

Attack The Block, much, much better than I was expecting.
    Some absolutely killer lines, very cleverly done.

Just watching the end of Dead Man’s Shoes – has to be one of the best films of the last 10 years.
    Each time I see it I’m just blown away by the whole thing.
    Shane Meadows really is a bit of a genius isn’t he?

boxfish
    Free Member

Dead Man’s Shoes. I remember the first time I saw it, having never previously heard of it. Such a powerful piece of work. Top, top film. Paddy Considine’s performance is spine tingling.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

avoiding spoilers but the key part of Dead Mans Shoes left me feeling like I had physically been punched in the stomach. Brilliant film.

Taff
    Free Member

I enjoyed that film too. Saw it on Lovefilm Instant so thought it couldn’t be that great. Was pleasantly surprised. Attack the block on the other hand

patriotpro
    Free Member

Dead Man’s Shoes – 1st time I saw it i was late night channel-switching ready to go to bed and it was just starting, I was intrigued by the title so watched it and I can honestly say it disturbed me for a bit.

The scene where he spikes the cronies with acid in their own flat and just frikkin haunts them to death before brutalising them is just genius.

To look at Paddy Considine in the street, you wouldn’t glance twice but hell fire the retribution he dealt out in that film was unrelentlessly brutal.

Best hard-man role ever….Can’t be far off.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

aye- shane meadows makes very watchable films.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What a night for films on the TV……’ is closed to new replies.