Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What a mare ! Yes, no, HELP ME ! (Glentress / Inners content)
  • bunnerscj
    Free Member

Trip to glentress and Inners 6 weeks time.
    2 bikes, which one though ?
    Rigid 29er which is wicked, quick, light NO BARGE HERE

or

456 hardtail, 140mm up front but slow, heavier, smaller wheels, not so quick

Used the 29er all through the winter and love it, not sure I am up to 'G' on a full rigid. Is it rocky, or smoothed out. Just been out on the 456 and felt like a wallow wallow thing, slow and heavy
    Have ridden 'G' but was some years ago now
    Any one ?

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Definitely the 456. You'll enjoy it so much more, especially at inners.

finners

456 🙂

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

Inner & Glentress for me this weekend on a Yeti 575, oh yes!! 🙄

beefy

Seriously, Glentress is like a big bmx track, man up and ride it rigid, I found it ace when I used to ride SS rigid, inners on the other hand, is a tad rougher, but I still think you should take the rigid, it will give all the six inch travel, body armour brigade soemthing to talk about, especially when you wup them on the downs.

Spooky wood is the nuts on rigid.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

You seriously need the advice of the masses to choose between a hardtail and a clown's bike?

Northwind

I'd happily ride glentress on a rigid but then I know where all the stuff is. If you want to go for a day or two and have a play, take the 456, no contest. Never mind innerleithen. GT needs a bit of pace to make it properly entertaining really, that's what it's designed for.

trail_rat
    Free Member

neither – sell up

you need at least 6 inches of travel – full body armour a full facer and a bmw to ride at glentress FACT – and 8 inches if your only riding spooky wood !

bunnerscj
    Free Member

oil tanker all the way then 😆

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Oi, Terry, I ride my 6" bouncer at GT.

I've made the big call that at GT (and it seems to be just GT and inners) the big bouncer is actually more fun than the hardtail. Genuinely. And my hardtail's better fun than any other. I go up to the top of Spooky and mince my way down with my Kyle Straits and my baggy jersey and pwn pretty much everyone else and it's much better!

The HT is better at Laggan/Golspie/most other TCs though.

Northwind

I think my big bike and my little bike are exactly as much fun at glentress tbh, I just ride differently on each.

tron
    Free Member

What a mare indeed. My heart bleeds 😉

jordie
    Free Member

you need at least 6 inches of travel – full body armour a full facer and a BMW Lol!

and that is just the kit for sitting at the cafe!

druidh
    Free Member

End of.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What a mare ! Yes, no, HELP ME ! (Glentress / Inners content)’ is closed to new replies.