Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • what a glorious weekend for a trip to Wales…. hmm….
  • DrP

On our way for a weekend in BPW/Afan etc, and it’s a wee bit miserable to say the least!
    Let’s hope we’ve all packed our cagouls as it’s going to be a damp one…

What else to do in Wales except ride bikes and worry sheep…?

DrP

binners

Tell me about it. We’re about to drive down to Brechfa for a weekends riding. Just checked out the Met office and the forecast is absolutely grim for the whole weekend! 🙁

Fancy meeting up for a massive all day drinking session somewhere tomorrow instead DrP ? 😀

chvck
    Free Member

I’ve been to BPW 4 times and everytime it’s been utterly gopping! Trails seem to hold up well and the cafe is warm and at the end of each run! Personally, in this weather I’d be not going to Afan though.

DrP

Who you riding with binners?
    Haven’t seen you since HTN a few years back!

We’re staying near Afan… Could meet up.. (Though I will be riding still!)

DrP

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Good luck with that one I’m staying in bed.

chvck
    Free Member

Oh, I will be riding in Llanwrtyd Wells this weekend, taking ALL of my spare kit.

Alex

Off to Afan for a day tomorrow… forecast looks okay after a damp start. Even a possibility of warmish rain. It’s Wales in Spring. I’ve had some superb sunny weekends at Afan over the year in April and May. I’ve also got very, very wet.

The second definitely outnumber the first. Only 90 mins or so away so know we can get home and dry quite quicky!

binners

Theres 5 of us heading down from Manchester this afternoon fella. Staying right in the middle of whats looks like a very wet Brechfa forest. Remembering which country I’m in, I’ve obviously got plenty of changes of gear, and waterproofs. Sod it! Its only water 😀

mrblobby
    Free Member

Personally, in this weather I’d be not going to Afan though.

Afan always use to hold up well in the wet. Use to ride it a lot in winter and other than the boggy linky bit on the W2 it was fine. Not ridden any of it since they’ve done all the work up there though.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Loads of nightlife in Cardiff…

superfli
    Free Member

Only once in the last 5 years have I been to Wales MTB’ing and it not rained during the stay. That was a lovely February in 2012 I think.
    Get your waterproofs out and I agree with mrblobby, Afan is excellent in the wet (except Blade).
    Unfortunately Blade and BPW seem to use the same sort of claggy/clay/gloop to sculpture their trails with, and it destroys bike parts, esp brake pads. If you are prepared for this, then BPW will be good fun still.

molgrips
    Free Member

Dry here in Cardiff currently 🙂

DrP

Just crossed the bridge… No going back now (boyo)…

DrP

molgrips
    Free Member

Is anyone going to be doing Cwmcarn tomorrow then?

binners

How did you get on then DrP? We got absolutely drowned on Saturday afternoon! By the time we got back, I felt like I ‘d been hosed down with a shit-throwing machine, then thrown in a swimming pool! We had to drink lots to revive our spirits!

Good laugh though. I ‘m liking Brechfa 🙂

DrP

Had a great time riding ‘the gap’ on friday, then drank a lot.
    Then rode Afan’s Blade on Sat am, and most of Whites in the PM. Bailed halfway round as it was tipping it down and we had a meal to get to!
    Then drank a lot. And split my finger open again….

Then absolutely loved BPW on Sunday!

All in all, a soggy fun riding trip!

DrP

weeksy

DrP – Member

Had a great time riding ‘the gap’ on friday, then drank a lot.
    Then rode Afan’s Blade on Sat am, and most of Whites in the PM. Bailed halfway round as it was tipping it down and we had a meal to get to!
    Then drank a lot. And split my finger open again….

Then absolutely loved BPW on Sunday!

All in all, a soggy fun riding trip!

DrP

Good job 🙂

DrP

Some knee out action!

DrP

wwaswas

how’s the knife wound?

DrP

Took the stitches out this morning. Still sore but at least ‘mostly’ together..Going to have a few weeks off the bike now I think…

DrP

RobHilton
    Free Member

Looks like your toungue will be the next thing to go

wwaswas

Going to have a few weeks off the bike now I think…

= I’ll be hammering the roads 😉

xherbivorex
    Free Member

we’re headed to nant yr arian and that general area this friday for a weekend of what’s apparently set to be hard frozen trails if the long range forecast is to be believed…

skeetsgb
    Free Member

ive just got back yesterday after 3 days riding in afan myself. totally agree with you on saturday. we did W2 after the afternoon part it was lashing it down. Never been so wet, still great though, proper knaft when we got back.

did blade friday, a bit naff tbh, last decent was great, the rest had no flow and silly signs saying drop your saddle which were just utter pointless.

sunday did penyhdd (something like that )short but sweet, some fast flowy berms. good fun and just enough after weekend of riding and beer !

and dont forget we live in the uk, if you dont like rain, then you will never get on the saddle……. 8)

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘what a glorious weekend for a trip to Wales…. hmm….’ is closed to new replies.