Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • What a glorious day…
  • beckykirk43
    Free Member

Well it’s been almost 6 months since I last rode a bike outside. Supposed to be waiting another couple of months but I couldn’t resist…

Feeling more than a little bit sore now but it was worth it 🙂

Anyone else making the most of this lovely solstice weather?

Diane
    Free Member

6 months – wow. Sun came out just for you 😀

thepurist
    sugdenr
    Free Member

Lovely ride today in Swinley. gloriously muddy, almost no-one there (except for the usual Gully Rats).

So what happens? My riding pal has a head on collision on the new Stickler with the only other riders!

crazy-legs

Feeling more than a little bit sore now but it was worth it

How’s the hand holding up?

Nope, working today and tomorrow. 🙁

Kiril
    Free Member

I had a moment like the picture this morning; bright blue sky, lovely bright green fields, the sun warm on my face…but then the wind hit….

xcneil
    Free Member

Oh yes about to go out for a mtb ride, beats the turbo 🙂

tang
    Free Member

Felt like early march here in the cotswolds, even in the wind i could still feel the sun.

flyingmonkeycorps

Jealous. Stuck in the office, might squeeze in a cheeky road ride on Christmas Eve but that’s it till new year…

…’Cos I’m off snowboarding on Boxing Day. Can’t really complain!

Vortexracing

Stuck at work 🙁

Managed a road ride circa 30 miles yesterday though. Weather was crap compared to today mind.

_tom_
    Free Member

Just had a quick ride, it’s nice round here at the minute. Have to leave for work soon though 🙁

mikey3
    Free Member

Cant think how not being able to ride a bike for 6 months must feel :(,hope you get out all lot more now.

beckykirk43
    Free Member

thepurist – Member
    Yeah I went out for a ride this morning

Aw 🙁 healing vibes in your direction!

crazy-legs – Member
    Feeling more than a little bit sore now but it was worth it
    How’s the hand holding up?

Nope, working today and tomorrow.

Just about got full movement back in my hand now which is good! Got some sort of compressed nerve thing going on, plus the fact my arm got pretty weak in the time I couldn’t use it so it’s still quite weak and gets painful, can’t really feel my thumb either – well on the mend now though 🙂
    It’s supposed to be raining tomorrow anyway so don’t worry about it 😛

even in the wind i could still feel the sun.

Nice isn’t it? 😀

…’Cos I’m off snowboarding on Boxing Day. Can’t really complain!

Ooo very nice!

Cant think how not being able to ride a bike for 6 months must feel :(,hope you get out all lot more now.

Could have been a lot worse! Just nice to be back, even if I did only manage 10 miles (and that hurt!) – back on the mountain bike soon I hope 😛

Klunk
    Free Member

summer gloves and socks, waterproof boots though, muddiest ride this year but much sunnier than forecast 😀

thepurist

Yikes Bekky – just saw what you’ve been through. I need to WTFU! 😀

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Quick hour long ride on the road bike at lunchtime. Nothing under the helmet, and my ears were still warm…

Lovely day.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Long ride today – 14 degrees! 😯

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

beaaaaaaaaaaaaaaautiful peak ride today! stunning weather, absolutly loved it, randomly booked today off and boy did i get lucky with the weather!

saw a hell of a lot of walkers out today, but even on very very cheeky bits they were all extremely friendly!

metalheart
    Free Member

Yup, i did.

Had a demo on 29er, which was nice.

As indeed it was nice up in the not-so-frozen north. The low sun was a bit of a bugger at times.

But I felt overdressed… 😯

Hope you heal properly soon (I’ve had a few mishaps along the way so I know how it feels…)

cinnamon_girl

Well done Becky. 🙂 Huge step to take but sounds as though you are on the right road at last!

I enjoyed some sunshine this morning, shouldn’t really be riding but I did. It was so nice to be out even though it was bloomin’ hard work. Still a bit nervous about crashing so avoiding muddy trails.

mintimperial

Not sure I’d describe it as glorious, exactly. It was very gloomy here when I set off and the wind was pretty fierce, it practically blew me back up the last descent.

Glad I got out for a bit before the festive onslaught of friends and relatives over the next few days though. It’s great to be out on a bike even in lousy weather. 🙂

br
    Free Member

Quite warm in the Chilterns too, but very muddy.

beckykirk43
    Free Member

Could today be any more different? Looks a bit grim out… (or at least I think so – can’t see past the torrential rain!)

Well done Becky. Huge step to take but sounds as though you are on the right road at last!

I enjoyed some sunshine this morning, shouldn’t really be riding but I did. It was so nice to be out even though it was bloomin’ hard work. Still a bit nervous about crashing so avoiding muddy trails.

Thanks – it was nice to get out again, spent most of yesterday afternoon complaining that my arm was sore, but still grinning from getting out there! I’m not supposed to be riding for a while yet, but I couldn’t resist! Think I’ll be waiting a while to hit the trails though!

Jamie
    Free Member

Could today be any more different? Looks a bit grim out… (or at least I think so – can’t see past the torrential rain!)

I still went out both days (45m/35m on the road bike). Bit grim in the rain today, though. At least it was still warm.

takisawa2

Been chucking it down here in Staffs. Not cold though. Finished work at 12:30 & off till 3rd Jan. Hopefully squeeze a few rides in. 🙂
    That pic reminds me why I keep the old road bike in the shed. 😀

metalheart
    Free Member

It was cold-ish at Glen Tannar today but it was glorious. again the low angle sun in your eyes doesn’t. But hey, it wasn’t raining here 🙂

Cold enough to keep the trails firm and dryish but not cold enough to freeze the puddles… Frost heave on the tops made that bit heavy going though.

Two days on the trot. I love fine weather on your holidays 😀

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘What a glorious day…’ is closed to new replies.