Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • What a disappointing night of boxing we have in store….
  • romster
    Free Member

Now then…..I love my boxing, but i’ve really struggled to get excited about tonight’s bout (Haye v Harrsion).

I don’t know if we’ve got any boxing fans on here…..but what is Haye proving with this bout?

There is no way he can be using this as a warm up for a rumble with either of the Klitchko brothers?

That’s the bout he should be taking on, not this shower of ****! All real boxing fans want to see Haye v One of the Klitchko’s because we know that would be a real test of his world heavyweight credentials.

He’s bringing nothing to the game with this bout to get the fans on his side, and at the end of the day that’s what boxing at this level is all about, selling tickets to pack out a stadium, hopefully win and at the end of it collect your big fat cheque and enjoy the spot light for a few months!

Fair play, there isn’t much talent coming out of America to test him and rocket him to stardom status on that side of the water, but still…….Audley “Fraudley” Harrison? FFS…..

Yes, Aud’s got a massive left when it connects, (which probably would shatter Haye if executed perfectly) but it’s just not going to happen….is it? 😯

What will a fat, lump hammer handed southpaw bring to Haye’s game to better him for his final bout’s of his career? (As stated before hopefully against one of the Klitchko’s)

Nobody outside of the UK unless you’re an expat is going to give a flying ****, and mostly because nobody will know who Harrison even is…….hence the thread title….what a dissapointing night of boxing we have in store!

My prediction, Harrison on his arse in the 3rd, game over……he may, may, may, may, well just get lucky and last until the 5th.

Can’t ride this weekend, so need to find other sources for entertainment. 🙄

Romster

GW
    Free Member

You wrote far too much

romster
    Free Member

Fixed! 🙂

You didn’t wrote write enough far [s]too [/s]much

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Well, I do like a good rumble – and I would agree that this one isn’t worth PPV. I’ll read about it tomorrow.

BUT – the heavyweight division is dead at the moment. The Klitckos contract clauses are strangling the division. So perhaps it isn’t a bad step that they get ignored.

Don’t get me wrong. I think both the K brothers are good boxers – strong and technically good. But with their contract requirements and seeming unending willingness to fight no-hopers (in Germany) I don’t think they’re that good for boxing.

Lewis was the last decent heavyweight…..

Kuco

Use to like watching the boxing but when it became pay per view we got rid of sky sports and hardly see it now. Never liked Audley Harrison and personally don’t really rate him much.

romster
    Free Member

Audley Harrison, heavyweight champion of the world? Just doesn’t read right does it……?

aracer
    Free Member

On the contrary, seeing Audley put on his arse has got to be entertaining hasn’t it?

Kuco

LOL 😀

romster
    Free Member

On the contrary, seeing Audley put on his arse has got to be entertaining hasn’t it?

Wouldn’t be the first time…..

loddrik
    Free Member

Dissapointing night my arse!!

Sure the fight in the uk is a load of bollox and even if it was free I wouldn’t watch it, but the pacquiao v margarito fight should be a corker and isn’t ppv.

romster
    Free Member

pacquiao v margarito fight

HOLY SHITTTTT!!! The WBC light-middleweight title is tonight??? Why the **** is it in my head it’s November 20th????

loddrik…..if I could buy you a pint I would!!!

romster
    Free Member

My prediction, Harrison on his arse in the 3rd, game over

Wasn’t a bad prediction that then was it??? 8)

Floored in the third after two weighing up rounds.

So i hear……Harrison was even worse than I could have ever imagined! So did anyone pay the £15 to watch that shower of sh*te then?

cxi
    Free Member

You are Mystic Meg and I claim my five pounds.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Sounds a joke of a fight – two rounds of nothing followed by what should have happened from the bell. And they had to be told to fight by the ref! Every bit as boring as I imagined it would be.

clubber
    Free Member

I’ve heard that AH is a great shag though I guess that’s not particularly relevant…

Fight’s happening because there’s not much else out there and they were hoping it’d ignite some interest in the UK.

romster
    Free Member

Haye will have just been stalking him and letting the crowd get their moneys worth (3 round bout) irrelevant of whether there were punches thrown or not.

Haye had nothing to prove, it was all on Harrison’s shoulders to make the first move, and he hasn’t got the balls or any moves other than a big left hand bomb to ever make it at this level. Good olympic pedigree, nothing more.

If Aud’s would have thrown something serious in the first or second he’d have gone in either of those rounds, I have no doubts about that.

aracer
    Free Member

So are you in on the betting syndicate which clearly fixed that, romster?

romster
    Free Member

So are you in on the betting syndicate which clearly fixed that, romster?

Wish I was mate.

edhornby

I went out for some beers tonight with mates, came back and watched a dodgy youtube upload… I’d have felt cheated if even if I’d have gone to a different bar to watch it. it was awful, no two ways about it – Audley did nothing.

romster
    Free Member

This (Pac Man) on the other hand ….. seems like it was in a different league and yet again the Pac delivers!

Looking forward to watching it after the sunday beast this afternoon. 8)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘What a disappointing night of boxing we have in store….’ is closed to new replies.