Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What a difference half an inch makes (oooh err missus)
  • mazdarati

Been finding the Salsa not near as wieldy as my previous Kinesis Pha5e, moved the saddle forward 20mm. **** hell has transformed the bike, climbs better, devoured the same descent I found sketchy last week. Funny old things bikes…….

bassspine
    Free Member

bicycles, spacesuits and formula 1 car seats. The most close-fitting objects we make

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Surely for the descents you’d have your @rse off the saddle anyway so it wouldn’t make much difference?

Innes
    Free Member

I just spent about 20 min’s setting some ergo grips tonight, it was time well spent though if feels so much better when things are set up well.

mazdarati

Not really unless its really steep, most of my local trails are twisty, rough and techy so good to have some weight over the front centre. Well helps me go faster anyhow

MrNutt
    Free Member

Did the same with my saddle at afan, was a little bit shocked at the difference!

jedi

eh? you descend in the saddle?

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

They be witches Jedi..

MrNutt
    Free Member

Made no difference on the downs as I was on the pedals but sliding the saddle forward only about 5mm made a big difference to the climbs, and I had previously thought I had it bang on!

ahwiles
    Free Member

i can see how sliding the saddle forward would give you a bit more plum-clearance if you need to hang off the back down steep stuff…

?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What a difference half an inch makes (oooh err missus)’ is closed to new replies.