Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What 8 speed trigger shifters can you use with the shimano nexus hub ?
  • scu98rkr
    Free Member

What 8 speed trigger shifters can you use with the shimano nexus hub ?

Can you just use an old MTB shimano 8 speed or do you need a special type. ie the one that costs £30 ?

rootes1

no you need special nexus or alfine

scruff
    Free Member

I would be willing to swap my Alfine trigger for a nexus twist shift. Cant get used to the reverse action.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

Hi scruff

I have an nexus twist shifter a swap might be on the cards. What do you mean by "Cant get used to the reverse action ?"

I was up on the chase 2 weekends ago we could of swapped then.

Are you in a rush to get a new shifter ? Dont know when but imagine I'll be up in Lichfield at some point again soon.

Do you live near by ?

scruff
    Free Member

Its like rapid rise so its backwards up and down the gears to normal. I live in Stafford so not far, no rush as long as its weeks not months.

Mister-P
    Free Member

The Alfine shifter works backwards to how you would expect. The big bottom lever shifts to a harder gear and the small lever shifts to an easier gear so like a rapid rise set up.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

Ah I use (and even prefer) rapid rise anyway so sounds perfect.

I've got a feeling my wife has planned my life for the next month at least.

Im quite happy to post but the shifter is on my commuter so it'll have to be a pretty quick turn around.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What 8 speed trigger shifters can you use with the shimano nexus hub ?’ is closed to new replies.