Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • What 700c commuter tyres
  • soma_rich
    Free Member

Currently running Schwalbe XC comp, which have the right amount of grip as I do ride on some gravel tracks but I exceptional prone to punctures. So what should I go for that has a bit of grip and very good protection as I do not want to swap another tube with frozen hands!

Cost and Protection are key weight is not…

bland

Conti gatorskins for puncture resistance here

whippersnapper
    Free Member

Schwalbe Marathon Plus. Two punctures in as many years I think.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    theflatboy
    Free Member

GP 4 Seasons for me, fast and tough.

peteimpreza

I’m using Schwable Sammy Slicks.

Work fine on and off tarmac( Fosse Way)on my cross bike.

They have a puncture resistance layer in them.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Conti GP 4-Season 28mm on my commuter all year round, went up from 23mm to 28mm when I replaced them in August. I won’t be going back to 23mm on the wet weather/winter commuter.

Pieface

I got 25mm Conti 4 season’s from Evans, they price matched their website so £68 a pair. Very confidence inspiring and very tough.

danti

+1 for Schwalbe Marathon Plus, less than 1 puncture per year in 5 years use of them in 28mm version.

zilog6128

I have used Marathon Supreme in 28mm and currently have them in 35mm. They’re my favourite commuter tyre by far, they are nice and light, roll well and I get very few punctures.

I had Sammy Slicks as my last set of tyres and while I really like the way they ride offroad I suffered quite a few punctures.

ahwiles
    Free Member

if you want the best chance of never getting a puncture: Marathon Plus.

they’re heavy, but if that’s not a problem for you…

need a bit of grip? – marathon plus tour.

tomlevell

Conti Gatorskin Hardshell 28. All sorts of holes in the tread. I think I’ve had one in about 2000miles.
    Used offroad on gravelly potholed tracks at speed with no issues.
    No tread to speak of so you have to be careful on offcamber gravel/mud or turning too quick on loose surfaces.

tonyd

I was commuting on my road bike with 23mm Gatorskins for nearly 2 years and had about 2 punctures.

Just put together a new commuter and it has 32mm Schwalbe Marathon Supremes. They seem like a good combination of puncture resistance and lighter weight (than Marathon Plus), and they have a little reflective line all the way round!

They were on offer at On One but looks like they’re out of stock at the moment.

tootallpaul

Marathon Mondials on the Roadrat for me- 4 months, no puntures.

Also have Marathon XR’s for touring – never had a punture in over three years.

ChrisI

Been using Conti Gatorskin 25mm for the past 2 years with no problems but this year is the first time I’m going through the winter so just ordered some Conti 4 seasons. Same layup pretty much as the Gatorskins but with softer rubber. Also gone to 28mm that just fit but will give a plusher ride 😀

Wiggle have 4 seasons on for £30 each too.

HarYuken
    Free Member

25mm Conti 4 season. Lovely tyres.

leftyboy
    Free Member

25mm Conti 4 season. Lovely tyres.

+1

reggiegasket
    Free Member

28mm 4Seasons here too. Excellent tyres.

Didn’t like gators myself.

TiRed

Marathon Plus, or Durano Plus if you want lighter and faster. I’m not a fan of Continental in wet weather conditions.

technicallyinept
    Free Member
    Gary_M
    Free Member

I got 25mm Conti 4 season’s from Evans, they price matched their website so £68 a pair.

I got the 28mm on wiggle for £55 the pair inc 2 tubes.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘What 700c commuter tyres’ is closed to new replies.