Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What £500-600 Hardtail for my mate?
  • mboy
    Free Member

Bit out of touch with bikes in this price range to tell the truth, I know that sounds snobbish but I've just not looked really! Ask me about anything above about £1500 and I'd probably be able to tell you…

Anyway…

My mate is after a bike… He's 6ft 2, and after a new Hardtail… Probably on the Cycle to Work scheme, so will have to be new and from a shop… So, recommendations?

Oh, and it's not on the Halfords Scheme, otherwise I would recommend a Boardman possibly…

TheSwede
    Free Member

Bit out of touch with bikes in this price range to tell the truth,Ask me about anything above about £1500

Ahem, don't you ride an inbred? 😉

mboy
    Free Member

Ahem, don't you ride an inbred?

LOL

Busted!

Erm… Anything from a mainstream (ok, you can buy it from a shop then) manufacturer I think is what I was looking for…

To be fair though, at RRP, my Inbred is worth probably more like £1k or so.

sambob
    Free Member

if he can find a C2W shop with a merida matts 50-D, i can heartily reccomend it, hydraulic discs and x-5 drivetrain. geometry perfect for most stuff. im 6ft and ride a medium, so he would probably be a large. and as its at the lower end of his budget, more to spend on upgrading it 😉

mboy
    Free Member

Anyone got a Cube Attention? What do you reckon to it?

Looking around, it seems that most bikes from the major brands still have 8spd at under £600!!! WTF?!?! And A lot of bike manufacturers price their first 9spd bikes at 650-700 quid, such as Trek and Specialized. He doesn't want to spend quite this much ideally…

mafiafish
    Free Member

Gary fisher do some good value, great handling hardtails.

sambob
    Free Member

Merida is 9 speed 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What £500-600 Hardtail for my mate?’ is closed to new replies.