Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What 300 pound bike for kids? (and where to buy?)
  • scotabroad

Looking to get both my kids new bikes. They really use them for “mucking about” with occasional singletrack. Will be used and abused but still want to get them entry level proper bikes vs cheapo Appolo ones. Could stretch budget a little further but 400 each would be too much so the closer to 300 the better.

Oh and size wise about 15″ with 26″ wheels

cheers

4ndyB
    Free Member

Cube Kid 260?

available in 14″ & 16″ frames, 3 colours available, one is for girls

£329

Or something with a longer top tube?

z1ppy

http://www.islabikes.co.uk/
    Bit over your £300 budget but proper bikes, & a decent weight

moniex
    Free Member

build one out of used bits, my sons bike will come in at that price with very good spec..

Simone

MoreCashThanDash

Ridgeback bikes have been good, so far got a 12″ for Little Miss and Jnr had a 16″. Better value than his current 20″ Trek, frankly.

Even MrsMCTD has a 24″ version – she only has ickle legs….

All bought off ebay or here for less than your budget in total

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Ridgebacks are very good.Though I`ve just picked up a really good Carrrera Luna on ebay for £50 for my middle daughter.
    And currently looking at the Carrera Blast on offer for £210 in Halfords for my son.

scotabroad

They have been on Ridgeback MX24’s so I already have affinity for the make, they build decent bikes at a decent price so I will check that out. A local dealer sells Cubes so I will check that out too, cheers

binners

Another vote for the Carrera Luna. An absolutely great spec for the money. A roper bike, not a bike shaped object. Suspension forks on a kids bike that actually work properly? SRAM drivechain. Whatever next? On offer at the moment in 24″

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_729043_langId_-1_categoryId_165630

they don’t do them in 26″. Arse!

scotabroad

Just devised a “cunning plan”. I just bought a Hardrock off here at a decent price. My son has been using my wifes ’02 Hardrock which she hardly uses. Soooo give him my Wifes old bike, get my daughter onto the “new hardrock”, and buy one new bike for the missus and get into her good books!!!

Kerrching 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What 300 pound bike for kids? (and where to buy?)’ is closed to new replies.