Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What 29er XC tyres are working well TLR
  • oldgit
    Free Member

I have Bontrager TLR rims, so I’ll need to get the strip/valve and Super Juice. But it’s not like when I used to have a proper UST set up where stuff just worked like you knew it would.

Fave tyre is the Racing Ralph, but I’m finding the 29er isn’t too tyre fussy.

mboy
    Free Member

Try the Maxxis Ikon

Faster and grippier than a Racing Ralph IMO.

Specialized Ground Controls are quick and grippy too, and cheap.

Any UST/TLR tyre should work straight away, but with rimstrips many normal tyres work tubeless too.

rickon
    Free Member

All of them work fine, the only problem is the part with the beating heart.

Pick your tyre, learn how to tubeless a tyre properly – check out some of my replied to threads – I give some very good tips from a lot of experience with loads of different tyres, because I used to buy lots, because I was a moron.

Seriously, pretty much any tyre will tubeless with minimal effort. f you’re doing it right, you should be able to get a tyre on a rim, sealed at less than 20psi.

njee20
    Free Member

Rocket Rons are a great all rounder IMO. Perhaps a little fragile if you ride a lot of rocks.

Frankers
    Free Member

I really like Geax tires and they go up well Tubeless

Saguaro for general and dry, Gato for wet, Goma for Trail

I did like Conti X King but found them too expensive and i had sidewalls rip even on the Protection version

charliemort

anything schwalbe evolution seems to go up easily and stay up in my experience

ac282

IKON’s are fast and grippy but they are really delicate. I gave up on mine after having far multiple slices going right through the tread

mbl1
    Free Member

I bought an Ikon and tore a hole in it after 10 miles. By comparison I have never done this to any other tyre. It could be bad luck, but the sidewalls really are thin.
    I was quite surprised how grippy the Maxxis Crossmark is.

mboy
    Free Member

I bought an Ikon and tore a hole in it after 10 miles. By comparison I have never done this to any other tyre. It could be bad luck, but the sidewalls really are thin.

There are different versions of the Ikon, but the super light versions are very thin indeed. I’d not really recommend those, but the thicker (preferably EXO sidewall) versions. They are remarkably grippy for their speed though.

I was quite surprised how grippy the Maxxis Crossmark is.

Likewise, but if anything, the Ikon is even grippier!

oldgit
    Free Member

Classic replaced tube trailside yesterday, just been out to the bike to find front and rear flat.
    Multiple thorn holes in all tubes.

Tubeless or Slime Tube for this ongoing problem, Buckthorn? everywhere 200mm nail like thorns.

gee
    Free Member

Racing Ralph snakeskin. Just stick them on and never change them round here irrespective of weather.

GB

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Ralph Snakeskin are my favourite too, although I currently have Rocket Rons on because the weather has been so bad.
    Ron’s are better in the mud, but more skatey on rocks and trail centre type surfaces.

Jeffus
    Free Member

I really liked the Ikon 3C exo set up tubess stans fast and grippy no problems with side walls, not so good on wet grass , but not really a winter tyre.

snownrock

Specialized ground control s works is my favourite tyre at the moment, great all rounder and super light

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What 29er XC tyres are working well TLR’ is closed to new replies.