Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What 29er wheels
  • tommy19
    Free Member

I’m looking to replace the standard wheels on my orange gyro black and gold?
    What would people suggest
    Cheers

frogstomp

What’s your budget? How tough do they need to be?

I’ve been very happy so far with the ones I built up for XC – American Classic hubs, DT Comp spokes and Crest rims.. JustRidingAlong to a similar build..

si-wilson
    Free Member

Hope Hoops crest 29er

Presuming your not tooooo heavy then these would be god, or he Arch rim 🙂

Yetiman
    Free Member

2012 Easton Havens. Light, stiff, strong and UST. The ’12 version has an updated rear hub which supposedly resolves the sealing issues on the previous model, which I have. The only wheels I’d consider changing the Havens for would be carbon ones.

hatter

Judging by your choice of bike you’ll be looking for something relatively sturdy and, more importantly, stiff.

I’d therefore recommend going for something like the DT Swiss Tricons of Mavic Crossmax’s, the high tension builds on these make them noticeably less wangy in corners compared to the J-bend builds I’ve tried.

Of course, if you weigh 10 stone soaking wet this may not concern you but it’s worth considering when building up a 29er ‘trail’ bike that’s going to see some decent terrain.

johnnystorm

No complaints about my Superstar Crest combo. I like the sound of their Pacenti wheels for under £200.

Deveron53
    Free Member

Get the Hope Hoops with j-bend spokes. A normal j-bend spoke can be replaced anywhere, any time. You try getting replacement spokes for straight pull or any of the fancy custom ones.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What 29er wheels’ is closed to new replies.