Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What 29er tubeless ready wheelset & tyres??
  • dickie
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend me a 29er tubeless ready wheelset & tyres?

Will mainly be used for Singlespeed on my local loop so the clicky Hope rear hub is not a favourite.
    Inital thoughts are for Shimano XT on ZTR Crest rims with Maxxis Ardent tyres (non-UST) with sealent. (About £350 new)(Hope +£100)
    Trying to keep the cost down & I have a pair of XTR centre-lock rotors to use.

But what else should be considered – under £300 would be great – should I wait for the January sales?
    Whats a reasonable weight for a 29″ wheelset – 1800g ??

Ringo
    Free Member

I use Paul comp ss hub which is really nice and quiet on Stans arch. Great rims

dickie
    Free Member

Sorry I want the option to use gears too.

Smuzzy
    Free Member

Using ZTR Hibs on Arch’s with DT comp spokes, light ans so far very strong. The hubs are very smooth. Stans Raven/crow mix tyres in summer, Bonty Mud X TLS in winter. well recommend all of it

FuzzyWuzzy

The American Classic 29″ wheelset is supposedly pretty light and tough, not tried them myself though (think they’re £400 to)…

stooo
    Free Member

Using Stans rims, yellow tape and Bonty Mud-x 2.0 tyres. Very impressed. Highly recommended.

dickie
    Free Member

AM’s too expensive!
    Are ZTR Crest rims too light in 29″ hoops?

trail_rat
    Free Member

superstar sent me an email off the back of the last thread i posted regards this

stans crest 29ers on some of their hubs for 230 quid …..

finding it hard to not go down that route !

dickie
    Free Member

Thanks trail rat – looks about my budget.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What 29er tubeless ready wheelset & tyres??’ is closed to new replies.