Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • what 29er rims are you all running ?
  • daveells
    Free Member

Edge am rims,cost a small fortune ,but worth every penny imho

big_n_daft
    Free Member

The-milkybar-kid – Member
    Got stans 355 on the winter bike & some crest going on the on one carbon 29er frame what came yesterday.

how did you get the frame they aren’t selling yet?

simonm
    Free Member

has someone already mentioned On-ones wheels ?

tazzymtb

stans ztr 355’s

SSBonty
    Free Member

Stans 355 on XT. Was a bit worried about both, but the rims have held up fine to a lot of abuse on a fisher ferrous hardtail, and the hubs seem to be lasting better than previous XT ones I’ve had without either the freehub going or the bearing surfaces being destroyed… Not hugely light but got a very good deal on some hardly used ones compared with the price of similar specced new wheels.

Edric64
    Free Member

Mavic Open Pro’s on my crosser you did mean 700c didn’t you? 😆

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

I got the frame of there facebook sale.

karmamac
    Free Member

i have mavic open pros on my on one inbrerd 29er.
    they are plenty strong enough.
    if its okay for cross then balloon tyres will be fine.

tyres actually come up at stated sizez too..

OCB
    Free Member

I’m on A719’s – I like the braking surface profile (tho’ I don’t use it for braking on) – I use EX721’s on the 26ers for the same reason.

trail_rat
    Free Member

seems that betd didnt have stock either either that or they just are not dispatching / charging my card – just emailed them for the scoop

bought farticus` front wheel so just need 1 rim – ill use my mustang on pro 2 off my rig for now and worry about the rohloff when the stans come back in stock everywhere !

Rik
    Free Member

You cant fault the Bonty RXL rims from Ebay – Wide, light and look just as strong as Mavic/Stans offerings. Just built a pair onto DT240s hubs I got cheap for my Singular Gryphon. Which hopefull you will finished as soon as the snow clears so Royal Mail can bring me the last of my goodies.

dickie
    Free Member

American Classic All Mountain 29er wheelset £299 (2020g) at Charlie the bikemonger.
    Switch Evo hubs on ZTR Crest £230 at Superstar Components – some suggested Crest’s would be too light in 29er for my 14st weight.

Ordered XT Centrelock hubs with ZTR Arch from JRA for £250 – needed to keep cost down & had XTR Rotors already (would have liked Hope but these were £100 more & will be mainly used single speed & the loud Hope hub put be off)

trail_rat
    Free Member

quick reply from betd – looks like they are honouring the price and have said like everyone else they are waiting on a delivery from stans and will dispatch as soon as they have them …..

i can wait – i have fat bike goodies to keep me ammused over xmas.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘what 29er rims are you all running ?’ is closed to new replies.