Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What 29er Rims
  • chris23
    Free Member

Have got a set of king single speed hubs from my 26 ss bike and now want to rebuild them into 29er’s.
    But what rims to use ?
    Going onto a rigid 29er SS
    I weight 76kg but ride hard (fastest not smoothest line)
    Upto £70 per rim + build

MrTall
    Free Member

Hard to look past Stans really?

I have Flows which i’m very happy with and there are lighter ones (arch?) if the Flows aren’t what you’re after.

Stoner
    Free Member

Some people like stans, some (like me) like salsa.

Andy

really like the Stans Arches I have on one pair of wheels.

At 76kgs Arches would be a good choice. You should even get away with Stans Crests if you want to go really light

Clink

Bonty rims have bene great for me, nice and wide and reasonable weight – Dusters I think they are called. Probably easier to set up tubless because ofspecific rim strips.

nosemineb
    Free Member

At 75kg ive just swapped from Arch to crest and the weight difference is really noticeable.

tk46hal
    Free Member

Salsa Semi are great rims and so are Stans crest.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

If you ride hard avoid Crests, plenty of MTBR riders having problems keeping them true etc.

Arches dont weigh that much more and are pretty sturdy in comparison.

amplebrew

I’m 76kg’s and have been made up with the Crest’s on my Kona Unit.

They feel light when built up and they’ve held up really well with no problems.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Using Gordos but – I think I’m going to give these a go:

http://www.unicycle.uk.com/unicycle-spares-1/rims/29-kris-holm-freeride-rim.html/

tk46hal
    Free Member

Hope are now building 29er wheels with the pro 2 hubs on Crests. A good all purpose rim, but as above, not the best for the hard rider, but still a great choice! RSP on a pair of complete wheels are £330. You can’t buy the bits and build them to make it any cheaper than that!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What 29er Rims’ is closed to new replies.