Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What 29er full sus frame for 1700ish
  • trusslebabes
    Free Member

I want to buy a full sus 29er frame any recommendations for my budget of £1700ish?

Tom-B
    Free Member

Trance X29er and some nice forks with the change?

sambob
    Free Member

What do you want? Tough AM frame or a light XC race frame?

trusslebabes
    Free Member

Tough all mountain frame with 130mm travel, it’s not for racing on.

Rorschach
    Free Member

sambob
    Free Member

Salsa Horsethief gets my recommendation, I love mine. Could get one with a CCDB and some nice forks for that much too, once you’ve sold the Fox Shock.
    Transition Bandit/Covert come well recommended too.

roverpig

Those who have one seem to rate the Orange Gyro for general trail duties and it comes in under budget. Only 120mm at the front and 110mm at the back though.

trusslebabes
    Free Member

Funnily enough Rorschach I’ve been looking at banshee tonight, look tidy esp in raw. If you don’t mind me asking how much was it with shock and where did you get it from?

Need to look at salsa

Thanks

sambob
    Free Member

If you’re near the Peak District you’re welcome to try my large Horsethief for size.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Not mine 😥
    Got touchy feely at core and am debating whether to trade in my Yelli for one.
    £1575 with a double barrel air.

Yetiman
    Free Member

140mm Nicolai Helius AC

trusslebabes
    Free Member

Nicolai was my first choice but price is pushing it really over 2k with shock unless you know different yetiman? They are special, where did you get yours from?

Yetiman
    Free Member

It feels pretty special and worth every penny… IMHO and all that. I’m absolutely loving how it rides….. I just wish the snow would hurry up and melt from the hills around here. My previous bike was a 160/170mm travel Nicolai Helius FR and the new AC feels just as capable.

I got mine from Gravity Sports minus the shock. I’m just running a cheap 2nd hand Float R but it’s working extremely well despite (or perhaps because of) its simplicity.

trusslebabes
    Free Member

Yetiman what size rear shock did you buy? I’ve got the tech sheet up from nicolai and looks like there are two options 200/57 and 216/63……

Yetiman
    Free Member

trusslebabes – my email addy is in my profile, drop me a line and I’ll reply with full specs of the bike.

Cheers
    Paul

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What 29er full sus frame for 1700ish’ is closed to new replies.