Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • What 29er Enduro Wheelset
  • pbooker1995
    Free Member

Looking for a new wheelset for my Enduro Expert 29.

After some race ending issues this weekend at the Coed Y Brenin Enduro they need to go.

Im happy to build a set myself, but what rims would you go for? Ill be going for Hope hubs if i build them myself as can get these at trade.

Like Stans rims, but the Flow EX are probably a touch heavy.

Anybody had any reviews on the Light Bicycles Rims?

Any advice welcome, or if someone is selling a nice set.

Thanks
    Pete

fooman

I like Arch EX, lighter than Flow, tougher than Crest.

tomhoward

Anything as long as its yellow.

ps, there is a MASSIVE thread on here somewhere about lb rims… use google search

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    digga
    Free Member

I read an article somewhere about Andrew titley’s Intense Carbine 29. I didn’t realise Rock Guardz made rims, but that’s what he’s running (30mm wide 29″) on his enduro rig: http://www.rockguardz.com/carbon-rimz.html

charliemort

what wheels are on it?

anyway – I’m 15 stone and had no problems on Arch rims – they didn’t explode on CYB enduro (or Dyfi for that maater)

JCL
    Free Member

Roval Fatties.

Northwind

I’d do LB rims- I’ve not used the 29er ones but my old-process 26ers have had a lot of use now and not missed a beat despite being the older, weaker version. My newer ones haven’t really been tested yet but have been good so far.

davosaurusrex

I’ve got the 29er 35mm LBs on Pro 2s and am really pleased with them. Don’t have many rock gardens in the SE to smash them through but have bottomed them on roots a fair few times, been faultless so far. Cost £600 all in with DT supercomps and brass nipples, 1700g. And matt 3K weave IS the best finish!

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve got the XC Light Bicycle hookless 29er rims and they’ve been faultless. Wouldn’t look anywhere else frankly.

emac65
    Free Member

I’ve used Crests & Arch ex’s on my 29ers & although the Crest’s didn’t fall to pieces with my 13 stone.The Arch’s just feel better,are stiffer & less likely to deflect off rocks.The Arch’s certainly need less truing !

pbooker1995
    Free Member

Thanks for the comments guys.

Im 13.5 stone kitted up so will be going for the arch. Especially as their prices are very good working in a bike shop/

Thanks for all the help

boxelder

Hope’s own enduro rims?

tymbian
    Free Member

Do I need to be worried about 29″ Rovals when using them in anger?

Moda
    Free Member

Derby carbon rims now available from Just Riding Along ?

Candodavid
    Free Member

LB hookless 30mm internals here, paid considerably less than the rockguardz by ordering direct

rickon
    Free Member

What wheels did you destroy?

I’m 11st, and run Flow Ex 29s.

They’re not heavy. But they’re tough as, wide and stiff.

They’d be my default go to rim.

neil853
    Free Member

Very very pleased with my 29er 35mm rims, took so much weight off but the stiffness gain was the main gain

pbooker1995
    Free Member

Wheels I have now are the standard roval traverse. Broke and spoke on them on Saturday evening bloat confidence in them now.

njee20
    Free Member

Derby carbon rims now available from Just Riding Along ?

Seem expensive, £300 a rim…? Good they’re doing them though.

toons
    Free Member

very happy with my LB 29er 35mm rims

tomaso
    Free Member

The OEM Roval Traverse wheels on my Enduro Comp are made of cheese and have all the spoke tension of wet spaghetti. They were flexing at Coed y Brenin last weekend.

I ride rocky trails in the lakes and I don’t want carbon. Hope Flows for me.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘What 29er Enduro Wheelset’ is closed to new replies.