• This topic has 20 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by core.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • what 29 ss rigid bike?
  • sefton
    Free Member

a friend is looking for a a 29er, singlespeed, rigid bike

budget £1000

doesn’t want to build one but is ok buying ‘nearly new’…or new

any idea’s?

kona unit
    charge cooker
    Genesis adventure

khani
    Free Member

Salsa.. if he’s a big lad..
    Or This if he isn’t..
    The second one looks a better spec, Shimano brakes, Stans rims and 15mm fork..

YoGrant
    Free Member

Singular swift of course!

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

Despite having zero experience of comparable bikes, tradition dictates that I have to wholeheartedly recommend my own bike and include a picture of said bike at any possible time.

It is quite good though.

parkesie
    Free Member

Thats not your bike 🙂

Speshpaul

cannondale were doing one in gulf blue, which i nearly went for.
    http://www.cannondale.com/gbr/2013/bikes/mountain/hardtail-29er/trail-sl-29er/trail-sl-29er-3-ss
    thats the one

core

There are some good deals around on what’s left of last years genesis fortitude if you can find one in the right size, complete bike around £700.

How are you getting on with the new salsa bacondoublechee?

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

parkesie – Member
    Thats not your bike

Yes it is, hence the shorter stem.

core – Member
    How are you getting on with the new salsa bacondoublechee?

Only had one (very hungover) ride on it so far (plus demos). Despite nearly puking on every climb it handled spot on, had stacks of grip and was a huge giggle. Large size was definitely the right choice for me.

justridemtb
    Free Member

Karate Monkey

takisawa2

Don’t overlook an Inbred, but a grand does put you in Swift territory.

carbonfiend
    Free Member

I also have a salsa 2014 El Mariachi and though only been out a handful of times I can’t rate it highly enough at the moment. Spoke to a small number of people about salsa as well before as this would be my first one & it has certainly lived up to everything they said about them – in other words it’s bloody good it is

tazzymtb

Have a chat to that charlie the bike seller…he’ll do a magic build to a budget and it’ll have been touched by one of the leg ends of ss bearded buffoonery…

And by magic I meam it’ll probably have been schwaffled by a unicorn with a rainbow miffy or something.

tazzymtb

It’ll be a bloody nice bike as well

franksinatra

cannondale were doing one in gulf blue, which i nearly went for.
    http://www.cannondale.com/gbr/2013/bikes/mountain/hardtail-29er/trail-sl-29er/trail-sl-29er-3-ss
    thats the one

I have one of them, can’t fault it, but you won’t be able to find a new one, stock was low when I got mine in august.

epicyclo

Singular Swift
    On-One Scandal

kuman
    Free Member

I have recently bought genesis fortitude single speed for £499 brand new and absolutely love the bike.

Kryton57

This thread has made be consider selling my 26er and buying an el mariachi/fortitude as my first venture into 29″ wheels

:-/

paceface

Might be selling a medium Charge Cooker SS. Cracking bike but I just don’t ride it enough 🙁

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Despite having zero experience of comparable bikes, tradition dictates that I have to wholeheartedly recommend my own bike and include a picture of said bike at any possible time.

😆

breadcrumb

Despite having zero experience of comparable bikes, tradition dictates that I have to wholeheartedly recommend my own bike and include a picture of said bike at any possible time

Loving my Unit. Hubs are a bit shit, halfway through swapping to some Pro II Evo’s. And it’s currently sporting a set of Reba’s. Rigid is fun but its nice to swap now and again.

core

I have a flat bar road bike & a (motorised) trials bike that look increasingly like they’ll be going in favour of a rigid, ss 29er, genesis would do me, but I’d love a salsa, twice the price though……..

Really like my rigid ss inbred 26er, but it’s converted geared frame, short forks & is basically a farm hack, a proper ss specific 29er would be ace.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘what 29 ss rigid bike?’ is closed to new replies.