Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • What 27.5 tyres for Morzine? Maxxis Minion 2.5?
  • tweedviper
    Free Member

Hi all sorry to do another tyre thread, a group of us are heading to Morzine this July and I am looking for some tried and tested tyre options.
    I am a big pie eating lunker at 17 stone and riding a Specialized Enduro 650b I can ride ok but I am no trail shredding hero, I am comfortable on BPW reds and can get down the blacks but not pretty!
    So my first thought was some Maxxis Minions with a 2.5 on the front and a 2.3 on the rear has anyone tried these on Pikes and Morzine?
    Any constructive comments gratefully received.

oldtalent
    Free Member

Yep, in dual ply or dh compound. Maybe a shorty on the front.
    It always rains in morzine 🙁

tweedviper
    Free Member

Yes I have heard that it rains, it was bone dry last time we went so still hopeful.

Where is the best place to get a 2.5 minion DHF ? they seem very pricey at nextdaytyres unless you want 29er

momo

I ran 2.5 dual ply 2.5 shortys front and rear last year, was there the week after crankworx and it had been biblically wet.

dantsw13

Both my times I’m Morzine/Les Gets were dry. I ran Chunky Monkeys front and Smorgasbord rear – both tubeless. Perfect.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What 27.5 tyres for Morzine? Maxxis Minion 2.5?’ is closed to new replies.