• This topic has 14 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by br.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What 27.2 dropper?
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

A mate wants one but what’s good? Not a stealthy one though.

Ta.

scotroutes

Gravity Dropper

OrangeLad
    Free Member

Thomson

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Any links to a site that sells them Col?

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

KS lev (South Coast Suspension)

grahamt1980

TransX from bike discount, works out at ~£80.
    Only issue is they are quite a short post so might not work if you have a lot of standover

chiefgrooveguru

I have a Gravity Dropper in pieces if someone fancies rebuilding it. Should be a straight forward job, I’m just too busy!

Northwind

Thomson are doing a 125mm, think it’s the only 27.2 option with that much drop? But so far the bigger Thomsons seem to be awful for reliability, a few mates got them in a fit of Thomsonlust and they’re all on at least their 2nd post after total early failures… And Thomson don’t seem to be actually fixing the recurring faults, just replacing when they fail.

Gravity Dropper are very effective, dead easy to look after, but the UK support’s gone downhill since CRC dropped them. One of the german stores had Levs for about £110 IIRC?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Cheers fellas, I’ll pass this on.

jimw
    Free Member

X-fusion HiLo is another option. Mine has been completely reliable over a few years, changing the cable every 6 months or so. I made a simple crud guard out of an innertube under the saddle to keep the muck off the mechanism

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

X-Fusion HiLo is the one he’s looking at jimw.

mcnultycop

Thomson

Del

Chief GG – I’ll have that if it’s still spare?

br
    Free Member

My X-Fusion is over two years old now, still works as good as the first time – haven’t bothered with the cable though (swapped between my HT and the kids FS), I just use the underseat lever.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What 27.2 dropper?’ is closed to new replies.