Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • what 26mm socket works for fox fork legs without grinding down
  • firestarter
    Free Member

i want to service my fox 32 talas forks but need a 26mm socket but i cant find any in the local shops that dont need grinding down anyone recommend one that will work from the off cheers

adeward
    Free Member

the thinest sockets are normaly snap on,, the cheaper they get the thicker the wall thickness,,

you could try to find a box spanner that size,,

halfbee
    Free Member

I've always used an adjustable spanner…

Onzadog
    Free Member

It's not the wall thickness that needs to be slim. As the flats on the forks are so low, most sockets will slip off as the often have a rounded leading edge for easy location. I gave up looking and got one machined in the end.

firestarter
    Free Member

i wouldnt know where to look to get one machined any suggestions as it would be nice to have one rather than just using an adjustable but may have to do. Cheers

Simon

I just got a normal 26mm socket and ground it down on a bench grinder at work until the chamfer had gone.

I have used a big adjustable spanner in the past though, which works OK if you're careful.

firestarter
    Free Member

unfortunately altho ive the gear for cutting people out of cars at work i have nothing to grind a socket lol 🙂 will have a trip to a proper tool shop on monday cheers

jemima
    Free Member

You'll find that every socket has a lead in chamfer. I took a 4.5" grinder to mine to get rid of the chamfer.

firestarter
    Free Member

bugger 🙁 nowts easy is it lol

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

an adjustable spanner with some tape works fine if your carefull :)…my forks started leaking loads of oil today :'(

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘what 26mm socket works for fox fork legs without grinding down’ is closed to new replies.