Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What 26" tyre comes up bigger than a Hans Dampf?
  • bearGrease

I’m planning to go rigid on one of my HTs so looking for a large front tyre to add a bit of shock absorption up front. Currently run a 2.35″ HD but wondering what would be bigger for more of the same really. A 2.5″ High Roller?

Kahurangi

2.4″ RQ.

That’s a 2.4″ RQ on the front making the 2.2″ RQ on the back look anorexic.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

+1 the 2.4 Rubber Queen is ridiculous.

Northwind

2.4 RQ, yup- not actually that wide, they’re slightly under their claimed size but they’re tall which is great for rigid. 2.5 Nevegals are hard to find in singleply but they do exist and are bigger still, and the stick-e carcass likewise is ace for rigid as it gives a bit of damping to the thing (my current one is a DTC and it’a s bit pingy.)

2.5 Highroller is not that big, old maxxi are mostly one size smaller than claimed.

stuey
    Free Member

How does a RQ compare with a chunky monkey?

bigrich

2.5 muddy mary. i’m scared of mine, it’s huge.

JoeG
    Free Member

Floater 4.0! 😀

bearGrease

Thank for the tips guys.

@Jon, the RQ does look like a monster so that seems like a plan. Like the sound of “slightly under their claimed size but they’re tall”. 😀

Kahurangi

I took come digital calipers to mine and found them to be spot on – likewise the 2.2 RQ and the 2.4 MK (measured across the widest part of the knobbles).

But yes they were tall and the 2.4 would fit in some older Revs (the same lowers as the old pikes).

Northwind

Had a look at the Spreadsheet Of Nerd, mine measured up 2.35 on a Flow. So a bawhair off basically. I was surprised because everyone kept saying how they come up big but then I put it in the bike and saw how tall the thing was!

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I had a 2.7 Blue Groove on my DH bike. It was scary big.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Knard

Kahurangi

Spreadsheet Of Nerd

More nerdy than moi? I shall have to locate this spreadsheet…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What 26" tyre comes up bigger than a Hans Dampf?’ is closed to new replies.