• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Pyro.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What 26 inch tyres for lakeland CX ride
  • Locoboy
    Free Member

I’m doing the lakeland massif and i’m doing it on my Hard tail. What tyres would you suggest for the event? 46 miles of mixed fireroad, single track and tarmac lanes.

Anyone have any for sale? need 4 tyres.
    Cheers
    Col

muddy9mtb

assuming you have some tyres already – what are those? how do you ride? hard or not bothered? summer use, winter or year round? personally I’m gonna stick to continental mountain kings for most of what I do…all year round (maybe a conti race on the back summer time)

tomaso
    Free Member

A cheap and cheerful On One combo of Smorgasbord front and Chunky Monkey rear would work.

gogg
    Free Member

I use Conti Race Kings on my hardtail, low rolling resistance and grip just fine.

Locoboy
    Free Member

I have nobby nics on it already, Im looking for something to make the event as easy as possible, not being the fittest jockey in the world, so was thinking a less nobbly skinnier tyre would make the road sections a little easier??

I wont be belting around anywhere, just steady away to be honest, I just dont want it to be an un enjoyable slog!

muddy9mtb

then if it’s dry go for a race king or similar, maybe 2.2 max? to notice any difference in most tyres you need to ride them hard.

Pyro

I’ll be at the back (as in probably riding sweep for it) and on either Crossmarks or Ardents, depending how dry it is.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What 26 inch tyres for lakeland CX ride’ is closed to new replies.