Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What 1st bike?
  • LapSteel
    Free Member

For a 5 yr old girl I might add.
    Ideally will be cheapish, rideable and able to sell on when she’s outgrown it in a couple of years

z1ppy

hmmmm how about expensive, very very good (as in decent weight and works properly) and has a great 2nd hand value instead…. Islabikes

z1ppy

Hmm complete lack of other replies..couple of useful thread here though they look to be about Islabikes, they also include cheaper alternatives.

Harry_the_Spider

Ridgeback MX16?

My lad is just about to grow into his MX14 (they do a MX20 too). He started off on an Islabike Rothan but the next one up (Cnoc 14) was eye wateringly expensive. The Ridgeback is a little heavier but the build quality looks fine.

Got ours from Evans who price matched it.

LapSteel
    Free Member

Cheers for the replies…looks like a ridgeback16 or an cnoc16 then!

DezB
    Free Member

Good linking there z1ppy.. So it was misterchris who recommended me the Haro! What a bloody great recommendation that was! Thanks misterchris, wherever you may be. 🙂

LapSteel
    Free Member

Just called into the LBS and they have a rather nice Saracen 16″…anyone have any experience of these

clicky

iainc

that’s gonna be a heavy wee bike…. We have 2 Islabikes, eldest is 8 and on a Beinn 26 small. Youngest is 5 and on a Beinn 20 small. The youngest one is mental and gets round corners quicker than his big bro. The Islabikes are really light, with good short cranks, little brake levers etc. I wouldn’t look elsewhere than Islabikes, and they retain their value – I sold a 4 yr old Cnoc 16 on here for not a huge amount less than it originally cost

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What 1st bike?’ is closed to new replies.