Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • What £1k Roadbike? Sorry!!
  • cp

stumpyjon, they generally answered my enquiries within an hour or so. i did a few sample purchases from them to see if they were any good or not, and they impressed me – in that i had no problems – with 3 orders, so decided they’d get my cash rather than halfords (boardman carbon jobbie, about a grand). the boardmans are nice, but in the end i just couldn’t give halfords that much money!

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Thanks for all the advice guys. I’m not likely to ride it through winter and I have a co car for the crappy days.

cp

on the wiggle front, i ordered some bits this am at half 10… got an email at half 11 saying they were packed and ready to go 🙂

stumpyjon

Hmm Wiggle have redeemed themselves a bit. Emailed them and got the stock reply back saying they would get back to me in 6 -8 hours but 20 minutes later I got an email saying it was being processed there and then with a sort of apology. This was followed by an automated email a few minutes later saying it had been processed and now my order is showing as processed. So fairly good once fingers were removed from backsides but it was shame I had to kick them first.

Not the first time I’ve had problems, seems as soon as you can get the attention of a person they are very good, just their systems let them down a bit sometimes (mind you can’t really moan, spent all morning on the shop floor debugging systems I’d written 😳 ).

austen

Sorry Ed2001, poorly phrased sentence done in a hurry.

The CAAD9 would be a nice day bike[,] in addition to [my other bike] a proper winterproof commuter.

Although, saying that, I’ve seen a very smart winterisation of one using some cut down SKS guards with a few P-clips and zip ties, probably a tighter and less rattly setup than the SKS guards on my current winter bike.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

New developments today. My boss is willing to do the cycle to work scheme if I sort it out!! Woo!! So me and a colleague are going to order bikes.

Down to the focus cayo a Ribble (sportive or nero). Can’t decide. Ribble charge £50 admin fee the robbing swines.

Does the focus come with Pedals out of interest?

stumpyjon

Without, mine finally arrived today (at work in a very large box). Looks the business, haven’t had a chance to properly unwrap it yet. I got a set of XT pedals for it, couldn’t justify buying yet another set of shoes and cleats, just need a bottle cage and little tool bag & tube etc. You get a free multi tool and pedal spanner as well although that probably won’t sway your choice.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Post up some pics?

druidh
    Free Member

Here’s my 208 Cayo….

Being a 2008 model, I got Ultegra for £999. A couple of minor changes – bar/stem, saddle/seatpost and recently some GP4000S’s and I absolutely love it. Done a couple of sportives this year and no problems after 100 miles.

andyg
    Free Member

Try Paul Hewitt in Leyland.
    http://www.hewittbikefitting.co.uk/

Andyhilton
    Free Member

druidh. That’s noice. Better than the 2009 imo

cp

I’ve done two rides on mine now- an hour fine set up and 3 hours ‘cruise’ that turned into a mortaring session!!!! The bike just screams ‘go faster’… Much more so than a 2000 dale I rode and a custom but ultimtely rubbish dave hinde.

Really really impressed. And the gf approves of the colours 🙂

cp

1 week report on the Cayo – FAB!!!!! i’ve tweaked saddle and bar position slightly and it’s even more grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr now! I love it!

gears and brakes came set up perfectly, and are still working perfectly.

clubber
    Free Member

Just about the Boardman carbon – one of the guys here has one and it’s great – I’ve ridden it a couple of times and it really is a bargin for the money – especially through bike to work – very light, good kit and the ride is spot on – confident downhill but not slow elsewhere.

I got a Bianchi through B2W a year ago but it’s one with B4P geometry rather than the rather ugly looking C2C ones (with the bent top tube) and it’s great through not a bargin in the way that the Boardman is.

dtp555
    Free Member

Check out the Dolan Mythos, carbon frame full 105 groupset and mavic wheel set. I got in on Halfords C2W scheme.

MisterCrud
    Free Member

Boardman from Halfords…unbeatable value. Trust me.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘What £1k Roadbike? Sorry!!’ is closed to new replies.