Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What 190×57 shocks are out there?
  • nixon
    Free Member

As the title says, I’d be interested in one of these to increase the rear travel, but apart from the Fox Van R I can’t find anything in this size. Are there any others on existence? Cheers

LoCo
    Free Member

Think you mean 200 X 57 which is a pretty standard size, if not what bike is it?

Lummox

Thinking similar for an experiment on my five.

nixon
    Free Member

Nope I mean 190×57, as I’ve got a 190×50 at the moment and would rather not alter the geometry 🙂 The frame is a Kona One20.

LoCo
    Free Member

200 mm shock would probably not work on the Five as swingarm would hit seatube plus much up geometry.
    I’m not entirly sure there is enough room internally to get 57mm stroke out of a 190mm shock without causing performance issues as the IFP chamber would be alot smaller.

Northwind

Can’t recall what size the shock hardware is in a five, but you could go up to a 200×57 then use offset spacers to reduce the e-2-e, maximum possible that I’ve seen is 6mm so gets you pretty close to normal extended length.

But I still wouldn’t. How sure are you that the frame and tyre will all clear? (this is Orange we’re talking about, the tyre fouls my frame in the standard settings never mind when you mess around with it!)

Lummox

Well I’m not sure, just fancied seeing. Seen mention of the offset bushings method, I was just curious really

nixon
    Free Member

I’ve haven’t heard of offset bushings before, are they frame/rear suspension assembly specific or generic? As if I could fit a 200×57 with some offset bushings for a minimal change in the geometry that would be perfect. I’ll check about clearance issues tomorrow, I think it will be fine but I’ll make sure.

robnav
    Free Member

i recently sold an old school 190x57mm fox van rc coil. they do exist but are quite rare. a friend put it on his da bomb da pukka and loved it and had no clearance issues, bumped the travel up to 160mm ish from 140mm.

tomglass20
    Free Member

shameless plug but…………..

I am selling a brand new 2013 fox van rc 190×50 with fox low friction hardware and a 350lb spring if any one is interested

😆

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What 190×57 shocks are out there?’ is closed to new replies.