Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • What 160mm (ish) FS frame?
  • jambon
    Free Member

Those El Guapo (stoopid name for an ugly bike) frames from On One look the best value ever, if a tad odd.

I can’t quite believe the 2k price tag on the complete bike – CCBD air and Reverb too.

disconoir
    Free Member

Not sure about the Blur but 140mm would be fine travel wise, Covert not sure about either although I’m guessing the Mojo HD would be much like my DW 5 Spot (but lighter and more travel) so might be worth tracking down a ride on one of those, although it’s £2400!! I didn’t plan on selling an organ to fund it.

Trying to get a test ride on the Nicolai is going to be a struggle I think and same for the Rocket (without travelling 200 miles north), already had a go on my mates SB66 which i really liked.

and yes the Devinci does look wrong in carbon, in ally though looks OK.

El Guapo – yes stupid value for money but I’ve already got the kit to go on it so would rather have a nicer (read: posher) frame.

disconoir
    Free Member

Actually could get an El Guapo frame only for £599 with a Monarch or £799 with CCDB Air. Which means it could be a free upgrade depending on what I get for my 5 Spot frame.

Mmmmmmm…….

wrecker
    Free Member

although it’s £2400!!

The Nic is £2234!
    10% dizzy from the LBS = £2160
    Is the name el guapo supposed to be an ironic name? Truly an ugly bike.

jambon
    Free Member

Apparently, they ride REALLY well. Very low BB which is meat/poison.

honourablegeorge

wrecker – Member
    Why would you weigh a frame without a shock? They’re all a bit porky.
    You could get an Ibis Mojo HD or Transition Covert carbon frame for around the price of that Nicolai (with a cheeky LBS discount).

Nicolai can be had online for a lot less. As for the shock, that’s how Nicolai quote the weights, ‘cos they offer loads of different shocks. And how Sicklines weigh a frame, presumably for the same reason.

disconoir
    Free Member

honourablegeorge – Member
    Nicolai can be had online for a lot less

Where?

honourablegeorge

Bike-components.de quote 2199 Euro for it

messiah
    Free Member

If your after a Nicolai speak to Dipper at Gravity Sports (unless our LBS does them).

Top chap 8)

disconoir
    Free Member

Not much cheaper really, works out as £1885 frame only plus £29 postage compared to £1950 frame only in the UK.

honourablegeorge

disconoir – Member
    Not much cheaper really, works out as £1885 frame only plus £29 postage compared to £1950 frame only in the UK.

Op was talking about 2200+ for the frame earlier. Maybe that was with shock.

disconoir
    Free Member

Yeah the Nicolai is £2234 with a FOX Kashima BV

honourablegeorge

Hob Nob – Member

For me, it would either be the Rocket or the Yeti.

Are you on the Carbon 66, HN? How do you find it?

I’m very tempted by the Nicolai. I have this notion that it’ll be rock solid.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Are you on the Carbon 66, HN? How do you find it?

Yes, in short, I like it.

The combination of a long TT, low BB, slack head angle & short stays is what I like. I’m riding it quicker than any other bike i’ve ridden so far.

I’ve said a few times, the early reviews were probably a bit off, combined with the odd full builds from Yeti caused some confusion. It’s not a long legged XC/Trail bike, it’s a properly agressive AM bike if built properly. If you don’t ride it hard, it’s not that great, but when you do, it’s really good.

A lot of the reviews are starting to reflect that now. It’s not perfect, but it’s pretty damn good.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘What 160mm (ish) FS frame?’ is closed to new replies.