Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What 120mm Spaced Track Wheels?
  • mickyfinn
    Free Member

My Commuter is in need of some new wheels, The current ones are the best part of 11 years old and way past their best (and currently need rebuilding with new rims again) Rim brake obviously.

So suggest away, light and strong is nice, cheap is even better but I expect to compromise on one of the three.

thomthumb
    Free Member

had a goldtec track hub – sold it in hard times, shame – it was lovely. properly sealed for road use.

shermer75
    Free Member

If the hubs are lasting for 11 years I’d be wanting to use them again! 🙂

If not then what’s your budget? There’s some wheels at around the £100 mark with sealed bearing hubs but they won’t be light..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Stoner
    Free Member

planet x wheels for cheap. Or build something nice around some goldtecs

kilo

Maybe not the cheapest but buy a rear hub (miche or novatec) from sjs or the like, get an open pro rim built up, just use any half decent road front wheel (shimano rs11 can be got for £55)

mickyfinn
    Free Member

TBH I’d prefer prebuilt. The existing Hubs are Cogswell, and they’re lovely but I’m starting to see some fine hairline cracks appearing in the flanges, so need to replace (Sadly!)

mickyfinn
    Free Member

Budget I’d be looking at £200 with a £300 max if it was worth it!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

TBH I’d prefer prebuilt.

Someone somewhere has to build them, for £200-£300 you’d easily get something like open-pro’s on generic track hubs (novatec, miche etc).

Are planet X doing nothing at the moment, heard a rumour that mountain bikes were going to disappear, but there’s no even basic stuff like track hubs on the site anymore?

mickyfinn
    Free Member

If I wanted bad service I’d probably have just gone straight to PlanetX for the 50 quid weigh a ton cheapies..

everyone
    Free Member

I got some halo track hubs on dt r460s built up, not the lightest but should be pretty robust. No idea what the cost would be since I built the front up with a dynamo hub, reckon it would be ~£300 probably less.

shermer75
    Free Member

planet x wheels for cheap. Or build something nice around some goldtecs

That’s what I have, but they don’t seem to do them anymore..

tjagain

I have some miche hubs with mavic rims that I got secondhand. the hubs are nice and lasting well

shermer75
    Free Member

These look super nice and at a great price (£319 delivered!). Braking track and flip-flop hub too..

https://www.dolan-bikes.com/mavic-ellipse-track-clincher-wheelset-2017.html

shermer75
    Free Member

This place has a selection within your budget, including some robust commuter appropriate ones:

http://www.velodromeshop.net/track-wheels/?p=catalog&mode=catalog&parent=13&pg=1&CatalogSetSortBy=price

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What 120mm Spaced Track Wheels?’ is closed to new replies.