Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • What ~120mm Full-sus 29er frame?
  • honeybadgerx

My better half is due a new bike, and following a stock take of the spares, misc. and bought but never got round to using boxes, I think getting a frame would be the way forwards. She’s ridden a Camber and liked that, but could do with something with a little more travel (so Camber Evo an option if I can find a frame), it seems there’s lots of ~100mm frames out there but I’d like something with a bit more bounce. Size-wise she’s 5ft 9 and a 1/2 (the half is very important apparently!), and tends to fit a medium mens frame rather than a female specific due to legs that go all the way up.

Any suggestions? Budget is potentially up to £1500 for something in the right colour…

charliemort

http://www.drovercycles.co.uk/pyga-framesets-save-350/

green??

alloy devinci atlas

niner RIP thingy

Orange Segment

superfli
    Free Member

Just try a Banshee Phantom. They are extremely impressive and belie their 105mm travel

chestrockwell

As mentioned, Orange Segment as she can choose a colour she likes.

If you want something cheaper there are some great deals on the Orange Gyro frame knocking about. Try Bikescene.

charliemort

thinking about it – isn’t spec stumpjumper sensible choice being a longer travel camber more or less?

honeybadgerx

Try Bikescene.

To be honest, I’m tempted to get one of the complete Whyte 2014 bikes off them, and keep my hoard of random bits for, err, something.

doug_basqueMTB.com

If you can get a look at the Orbea Occam its a beauty. 100mm out back but you can put 120 up front and it’s really capable. It’s long and low with short chainstays and rides amazingly. Lifetime warranty on frame too.

z1ppy

Add the Transition Smuggler, and the Sala Horsethief (bargin prices on those currently) to the list though the Whyte T-129 is a great bike, and at those prices..

r53sport
    Free Member

PYGA have some fantastic deals at the moment, please contact info@r53sport.com for further information.

drovercycles
    Free Member

green??

Thanks for the mention Charliemort – my thoughts exactly. As R53 says, the deals are great on the Pygas at the moment. Give us a shout if you’d like to know more.

shadowfax

Stanton Sherpa /thread.

rene59
    Free Member

Bikescene have a complete camber evo for only £100 more than your budget.

http://www.bikescene.co.uk/Specialized-Camber-Evo-6629-121-0.html

bigjim

Transition Smuggler is veeeeery interesting

drovercycles
    Free Member

The Smuggler is a stunning bike. Very interested to see how it compares with the Pyga OneTen. We have the Pyga, and will have the Transition too, as a demo so looking forward to trying them both out.

chrismac

I went for the Camber evo and love it. Fast, agile and unless you are landing from height then enough travel for 95% of the time

swanky
    Free Member

If anyone wants to try a Pyga out, we’ve the entire range in Medium and Large sizes available to demo.
    Bike Swanky

breninbeener

Orange Gyro with -2° angleset is a fine bike!

chakaping
    Free Member

Have you looked at these?
    http://www.blueflowbikes.com/hammerhead-thumper-closeouts/hammerhead-thumper-frame

Cheap but good geometry, nice weight, well made and rides great – very fast and still fun.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘What ~120mm Full-sus 29er frame?’ is closed to new replies.