• This topic has 24 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • What 120-150 forks for a Ragley Mmmbop? £250 budget
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Hi,

I was going to run the Rev Teams 120-150 but the no lockout issue makes me wary.

What 120-150 pref adjustable forks would you go for with a budget of £250

I’d rather but new after bad second hand experience.

Cheers for any help

julianwilson
    Free Member

The rev team’s bbmc damper locks out though doesn’t it:?:

BadlyWiredDog

You can get Rockshox Sektor coil U-Turns for about 300 quid if you shop around, but Rev Teams do have a lock-out though, don’t they?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Not the tapered teams on Je James. They come poploc ready but no lever, hence the price I guess.

http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/rockshox-revelation-team-air-u-turn-120-150mm-qr-white-id59399.html

I_Ache
    Free Member

Poplock leavers are only about £30 tho arnt they. Or you could open up the damper remove the return spring and put a twist cap on and you have adjustable compression damping.

warpcow
    Free Member

You can get the Sektor for about £230-250 depending on what axle you want.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Yeah problem is I have no idea how to do that or what parts I need. Otherwise the forks are perfect.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Warpcow £230-£250 where mate?

warpcow
    Free Member

Here:
    linky

The description’s in German but the rest of the website is in English. I’ve bought from them before and was very pleased with the experience (ordered wheels on Friday afternoon, arrived with UPS on Monday afternoon), and know others who feel the same. Exchange rate makes it extra good just now.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Ah I don’t have my wheelset yet but hopefully I’ll go maxle when I do. Should I get the 15 or 20mm? Oh and I need a reducer headset now doh!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

i went to buy them from that site and it say’s i have to pay via money order. Rubbish

Maybe i will just have to pay more and get them from the UK.

brant
    Free Member

mmmbop doesn’t need adjustable or poploc.

LoCo
    Free Member

Mosey I may have something for you, drop me a mail 😉

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

i want the option of switching between 130-150 though. What would you recommend for my budget brant?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

loco which e-mail to?

nbt

as Brant says, you don’t need poploc, learn to pedal smoothly. never fitted the poploc on my pikes when they went on the blue pig (sold it) and never had a problem. TBH I’ve only ever wound the forks down twice, and that was more to try out what would happen – not much, was the result

wors

I never touch the u turn on mine.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

yeah i know but i like the option and if i can get it, im gonna try and source some Sektor coils within my budget with a 15mm axle.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Loco YGM to the info address.

Simon

They’re right, no need for travel adjust on an Mmmbop.
    I’ve got dual air U-turn Pikes on mine and it climbs fine at 140mm, much better than my 456 ever did, even with the forks wound right down the On-One’s front wheel wanted to lift on steep ups.

And unless you ride on tarmac loads, why would you want lock out anyway?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

right so if thats the general opinion back to the first question minus the travel adjust?

Which forks for an Mmmbop with a £250 budget?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Never use the lockout on mine and run 150mm revs, no need imo for travel adjust. Just get bar height and seat position correct

Simon

I think you’re unlikely to get 20mm axle/140mm travel forks for £250, but I’d get in touch with LoCo and see if he’ll do some Sektors for a good price.

EDIT:
    Slightly off the OP, but now Fox have stopped making the 32 Vanilla R, does anyone do a 140mm coil fork without travel adjust or lock out?

neilc1881
    Free Member

I went for the 1.5″ steerer Fox Van32s for my mmmBop and I must say they are the mutts nuts. I think mine were around £280 from CRC a few months back. They’d be stretching the budget a little but are well worth it.
    There is no travel adjust obviously unless you spend silly money but I’d echo what people have said above, there is no need for it. The bike climbs fantastically (managed an incredibly rocky climb last week that I’d previously considered impossible, then realised it was possible on a full susser, now it’s been done on the hardtail… cx bike next ;). The only time I’ve ever used the lockout is when seeing how it worked and when going for mad sprints/hill climbs.

LoCo
    Free Member

Morning! Mosey YGM 😀

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘What 120-150 forks for a Ragley Mmmbop? £250 budget’ is closed to new replies.